Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

precision posted:

I don't think I've ever known anyone who thought Virtual Light was the BEST book in the Bridge Trilogy. I remember being pretty bored by it, compared to the next two.

I'll probably get around to re-reading it sometime, it's the only book of his I've only read once.

I really, really enjoyed VIRTUAL LIGHT and was not really expecting to. I think I just really cared for the characters. I felt that they were endearing. I loved the Skinner/Yamazaki interactions, and I really like Berry. But Sublett, man, Sublett steals the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

SnakePlissken posted:

BTW, nobody mentions his shorts collection, "Something something holographic rose something." It was great. There's even a bit of old-school science fiction in there that was really good. If I recall correctly, "Surfacing" was one of his stories that I really liked from that, pretty conventional scifi for the time.

Burning Chrome is indeed a great collection of short stories. There's not a story there I don't like. I own the shiny silver version with the scrambled up digital looking guy on the front. God, I love that book cover.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

Gibson/GITS fans, this looks pretty sweet. They seem to have the look down right. Dat background detail!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Burning Chrome is so loving good. There's not a bad story in it.

And the cover art is neat.

• Locked thread