Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Does anyone mind if I post AI-generated art I've been making for my campaign here? I can see where it might become a moral quagmire in the future for artists and illustrators, so I figured I might ask first. I've had some incredible results and thought other people might like to use them too

Tosk fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Tosk posted:

Does anyone mind if I post AI-generated art I've been making for my campaign here? I can see where it might become a moral quagmire in the future for artists and illustrators, so I figured I might ask first. I've had some incredible results and thought other people might like to use them too

I think this should probably be a separate thread.

I've been generating art for my games as well and I'd post a few pieces, but it should probably be kept separate from... human art.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

That absolutely sounds fair.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

trapstar posted:

If I ever were to make a hard LN Peacemaker type character this is the art I'd use.

Looks like he's been in more than a few fights. Also I'm a sucker for asymmetrical armor.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.
Gonna post some king artwork while I'm at it.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

post some kings of color as well, please

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Most of the high quality fantasy artwork for men of color is of mages not kings, here is what I could find in my art folder.

Interestingly enough this is the exact reason I currently have a king of color slated for a commission to be done at the moment. I'll post it in the thread when it's completed.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

hell yeah. cheers

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
I commissioned some illustrations of mercenaries from my Dune 2d20 game.

Rifle Infantry does great sci fi, fantasy and vehicles.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That art reminds me of like...Space: 1889.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Yeah holy poo poo those look straight out of an old hardcover RPG book. drat.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

hell yeah. cheers

The commissioned has been finished. This character was heavily inspired by Shaka Zulu.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Got this commission done of a Sultan

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

They're good commissions.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Does anyone have any good (fantasy) art of middle aged women? I'm always on the hunt for good art to use for NPCs, and it's striking (but sadly, perhaps, not surprising) just how rare middle aged women are. Elderly old ladies, no problem. Young women, they come by the billion. Women who look like they're in their 40s? A desert, so far as I can tell. I have, like, three pictures I can use if a PC needs to go talk to their mum.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Reveilled posted:

Does anyone have any good (fantasy) art of middle aged women? I'm always on the hunt for good art to use for NPCs, and it's striking (but sadly, perhaps, not surprising) just how rare middle aged women are. Elderly old ladies, no problem. Young women, they come by the billion. Women who look like they're in their 40s? A desert, so far as I can tell. I have, like, three pictures I can use if a PC needs to go talk to their mum.

Just use Midjourney. I don't have a lot of MJ credits left to give you a lengthy demonstration but here's a short one:

Pay for a month of Midjourney.

Find a picture of a random lady that kinda sorta looks like what you're looking for in Google Image Search or https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ or https://generated.photos/faces. Use it as the random seed so that the AI doesn't just crank out whatever its platonic ideal of a milf is over and over again. Here's one I just grabbed:

Figure out what prompt you exactly want. I just grabbed one from the AI Art thread on GBS:

quote:

[url to the photo] a middle-aged female merchant wearing fantasy clothing, half_body_portrait, 8k_resolution concept art portrait by Joseph Christian Leyendecker, Cedric Peyravernay, Tom Lowell, Philippe Caza, Simon Bisley, Enki Bilal, Paolo Eleuteri Serpieri, Philippe Druillet, Boris Vallejo, Frank Frazetta, Julie Bell dynamic lighting hyperdetailed intricately detailed Splash art trending on Artstation triadic_colors Unreal Engine 5 volumetric lighting

The sketches seem to be heading in the direction I want. I'd probably just generate a few more, upscale the one that doesn't have any issues and generate like five more fantasy moms just in case.

But let's say I really like the bottom right one, even though its eye is a little fucky. Maybe if I generate some variations?

Oof no, lol. (But it does generate good stuff often.) Well, let's try to upscale it and if that doesn't fix it, use the expensive new renderer to remaster it.

Well, the upscale is almost there and I could probably fix it in Photoshop. And I like the left version of the new re-render. But let's say I really want to fix the eye on the regular upscale.

DALL-E 2 is now available to everyone and it offers 15 credits a month for free. One of the cool features it has is that you can upload an, use the erase tool to delete the bits you don't like (the eye) and tell it to fill it in. I am down to 2 credits on DALL-E 2 this month as well, so here are the two best version from a single credit I can afford to spend to give you a demonstration:

Almost good, I think. I'd maybe gently caress with color on it to make it a little less yellow and jaundiced but otherwise job well done.

Now you have every tool you need to generate infinite fantasy MILFs.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 25, 2022

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Samovar posted:

They're good commissions.

Thank you!

Reveilled posted:

I have run into same problem as well. Here is some portrait art I found for middle-aged women on my search though.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Not trying to sound rude about it, but neither of those women are middle-aged. :\ As a woman approaching middle age, I can't help feeling as though they're missing a few wrinkles, grays, maybe some sun damage on the skin, something. The one on the left is much more on the nose, but the one on the right is still far too perfect. Pretty emblematic of the problem in this genre of art, though -- not your fault at all, most artists in this field are disinclined to portray more realistic female characters. Yes, everyone ages differently and everyone shows it differently, but they still strike me as being too...perfect? I LOVE that they aren't just young-faced ladies with gray hair, though. Some artists seem to think that's all that's needed.

https://www.talentedladiesclub.com/articles/this-is-what-women-over-40-look-like/

in an effort to provide some content along those lines (and some that are more advanced in years):

https://bikiniarmorbattledamage.tumblr.com/post/119762796195/ursa-by-len-yan-i-like-drawing-young-attractive

https://twitter.com/thetaterart/status/1210591103176495105

https://twitter.com/BlackSalander/status/1212464189853327366

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Got a new commission done of a tribal woman in a rainforest.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Got some art for our Persona Tabletop game!

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
And to doublepost, got a commission for the USS Wisconsin in the style of Azur Lane!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Boataku are weird but I'm happy they exist. Planetaku too

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

New commission of a tiger barbarian.

trapstar fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 5, 2022

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

An older queen I had commissioned.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Very Isabella of Castile-esque.

...the, uh, queen. Less so the barbarian.

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017

Baron Vladimir Harkonnen and Thufir Hawat posted: posted:

"Nonsense! By your argument, I could recruit from among the Fremen after the way they've been oppressed by my nephew."

Hawat spoke in a mild voice: "Don't you oppress any of your troops?"

"Well . . . I . . . but - "

"Oppression is a relative thing," Hawat said. "Your fighting men are much better off than those around them, heh? They see unpleasant alternative to being soldiers of the Baron, heh?"

The Baron fell silent, eyes unfocused. The possibilities - had Rabban unwittingly given House Harkonnen its ultimate weapon?

Presently he said: "How could you be sure of the loyalty of such recruits?"

"I would take them in small groups, not larger than platoon strength," Hawat said. "I'd remove them from their oppressive situation and isolate them with a training cadre of people who understood their background, preferably people who had preceded them from the same oppressive situation. Then I'd fill them with the mystique that their planet had really been a secret training ground to produce just such superior beings as themselves. And all the while, I'd show them what such superior beings could earn: rich living, beautiful women, fine mansions . . . whatever they desired."

The Baron began to nod. "The way the Sardaukar live at home."

"The recruits come to believe in time that such a place as Salusa Secundus is justified because it produced them - the elite. The commonest Sardaukar trooper lives a life, in many respects, as exalted as that of any member of a Great House."

"Such an idea!" the Baron whispered.

Rayyan I’timad, Commentaries on the Arrakis Affair posted:

FREMEN BRAVO
In the waning years of the Arrakis Affair, the Harkonnens made limited use of Fremen auxiliaries to augment their increasingly thin stretched regular forces. This decision was apparently prompted by the Baron's appreciation of the desert peoples' superb fighting ability (especially in hand to hand combat), their superior knowledge of the terrain, and the ruinous expense of shipping Harkonnen troops from Giedi Prime to reinforce their holdings on Arrakis.

Paul Muad'Dib made many enemies in his conquest of Arrakis, not all of whom were foolish enough to challenge him in personal combat (or be cut down by his consort before they reached the door of his yali). Not all Fremen were pleased with the way the Lisan Al Gaib unified the tribes. Others saw an opportunity to avenge ancient grudges against rival clans by allying themselves with the Imperial power.

Harkonnen soldiers killed anyone they saw wearing a stillsuit as a standard procedure. Especially during the heat of battle, when one blue-eyed dune man looked much the same as any other. To counterweight this, Fremen Bravos in the pay of the Harkonnens tended to wear overly ostentatious Harkonnen livery. While this made it impossible for them to conceal themselves, it reduced the odds of friendly fire, especially from Harkonnen air power.

As the war in the desert ground on, the Harkonnens armed an increasing portion of their troops with lasguns. Though they never issued a single laser weapon to a Fremen auxiliary, large numbers of lasguns found their way into the hands of Fremen Bravos. The rate at which these foederati acquired lasguns was approximately equal to the rate at which Harkonnen soldiers "went missing" on joint operations with their ostensible allies.

Following the fall of House Harkonnen and Muad'Dib's ascension to the Lion Throne, the majority of Bravos were slaughtered by the victorious Fremen. Many of the survivors, those who escaped into the deep desert, formed the nucleus of the resistance movement against the new Emperor's terraforming efforts, and later against the Regent Alia Atreides.
Lasgun and Stillsuit based on Rifle Infantry's Dune designs.

mellonbread fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 21, 2022

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I enjoyed the new Dune movie, but the art you've showcased on your blog are exactly what I felt was missing from it--everyone wears similarly drab armour.

Also: I can totally believe that the Guild continued charging ridiculous rates for troop transport to Arrakis, even though the developing situation threatened the entire galactic status quo.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 21, 2022

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

post some kings of color as well, please

This is an old ask but for the sake of sharing some royalty of color that fits more broadly in a fantasy setting and isn't just tribal African styles, I've got a few. Some of these are liberal with the definition of "royalty" in their clothes but idgaf maybe they don't want to be all-out all the time.

Marie Magny, Eelis Kyttanen, Laura Krtek

Rhigu, Palipunk, Palipunk

Becky Watson, Nelson Chen, Kristina Gehrmann

cyanide-chicken, Couple of Kooks, Karshmallow

Also not a bad resource: https://www.tumblr.com/menofcolorinfantasyart

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I got the shakes from not gaming so I made bust style portraits of the characters in my group.

Barbarian

Bard

Cleric

Ranger

Rogue

Warlock

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That is the greatest bard I’ve ever seen

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

I got the shakes from not gaming so I made bust style portraits of the characters in my group.

Barbarian

Bard

Cleric

Ranger

Rogue

Warlock

Nice!

Got a commission of a rogue done.

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.

trapstar posted:

Nice!

Got a commission of a rogue done.

Where can I find more like this?

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Iron Heart posted:

Where can I find more like this?

Here is the link to the art studio that I got the commission from :)
https://www.deviantart.com/kartstudiodigi

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Got this commission done of a duke.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Here's a few commissions I got for a design/lore booklet on exotic kobolds. Been sitting on them for a while!

Artist: https://www.artstation.com/lukaskuhn

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Fishbus posted:

Here's a few commissions I got for a design/lore booklet on exotic kobolds. Been sitting on them for a while!

Artist: https://www.artstation.com/lukaskuhn

Wow! These are excellent!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

drat fine kobolds.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
SUPPORT (FICTIONAL) LOCAL BREWERIES.

Why yes my DM is running LMOP and I did indeed live in Portland in the early 2010's.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 10, 2023

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Just going to post a few images I've enjoyed that hopefully people will find useful in their games.

Orcs:
Chieftain:

Warriors:

Archer:

Half-Elves:
Ranger:

Rogue:

Paladin:

Wizard:

Young Human Wizard Apprentices:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hey I'm not sure where else to put this, but ...

Why, when I search for "villains and monsters," does pinterest return almost entirely "men of color in fantasy art?" I do have a board largely dedicated to African and people of color fantasy art because when I find it I want to hold on to it, but that's... not what I searched for.

I just wanted to get some bad guy ideas for the Pathfinder campaign I'm running.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 14, 2023