Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Can anyone hook me up with giant medieval robots, in the vein of Escaflowne? I'm doing a 9th century mecha game of Camelot vs mecha-saxons.

Some starters:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'm definitely going to use that Centaur mecha - it feels very appropriate to Arthurian knight battles. Thanks!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Can I get some Briton crusaders and tattered, beaten knights? Maybe some Celtic barbarians? I'm looking for fairly mundane, non-magical looking chaps to act as cannon-fodder for my 9th-century Arthurian Mecha game.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

bitprophet posted:

Where did you find these? :swoon:
Reverse image search says they're from this lady.

Bonus!

EDIT: She's the artist who did the Omellette short! Man, that was a great piece of animation.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 19, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Murderion posted:

prank mr. skeltal

I'm making a campaign set in tiger headed opium nightmare colonial era pseudo-India, and am looking for character/monster concepts. Give me Victorian colonial types and indian warriors/mystics/psions (or Victorian european versions of those too, not picky).
The thing that got me into DM'ing was a 1850s Indian revolution campaign I wanted to run, focussing on a fictionalized French Foreign Legion embedded in hostile territory. Here's some of my sketches from jeez, 2008.

I found a bunch of old D&D art in that folder, so here's some random stuff:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

My current campaign uses a lot of folks with facial or full-body tattoos. Might be some character inspiration here!

Does anyone have good illos of feudal fantasy mecha? I've pillaged Escaflowne and some of the cooler D&D warforged, but I could use some giant gently caress-off metal juggernauts. The only challenge is that the setting has no guns or missiles, which cuts out a lot of options.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Your girlfriend is describing Tilda Swindon in Narnia.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Those look fantastic!

Does anyone have some cool space shanty tunes fit for star-faring sailors? Stuff like Warframe's We All Lift Together or Sleeping in The Cold Below?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

poo poo, those are great! St Elmo's Fire is perfect for the tone I'm going for. Banned from Argo is really fun too.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Commissions of our PCs by the gifted Nel Robinson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Nel did a fantastic job capturing their character based on a few paragraphs of flavour text; I do encourage everyone to commission them, they're a delight to work with!

My favourite detail is the musical sting behind our musical strongman (bardbarian?); it's the opening riff for Eye of the Tiger.