Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
From the previous thread-- some radical looking women in 17-18th century military garb!

BrotherAdso posted:

Women Kicked rear end In History

Awesome!! That was just what I was looking for. Thanks so much for this, dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Anyone out there have pictures of a last stand? Panoramas are nice, but anything showing a last, struggling knot of survivors will do!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ItalicSquirrels posted:

I gotta admit the playground zombie picture always makes me smile.

I love it because it just so clearly tells a story. The boy with the trash can lid and the bat is a hero, the girl with the slingshot is the leading lady, the girl with the brick is the shy, glasses-wearing introvert who musters up some plucky courage and determination. It's so easy to imagine a fun, cool little story about that.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

Because it's little children being forced to fight against the dead bodies of other children, who we can only assume were once their friends and neighbours, and therefore these survivors have been exposed to a harsh world of life and death that we (as adults) would strive to protect them from?

It's okay though, they're just pretending.

... Right? Right?? :ohdear:

Yeah, myself I actually saw it more like one of Calvin's (from Calvin & Hobbes) ultra-realistic imaginings. The kids are pretending they're fighting off zombie kids while playing on the play structure.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

If you're OK with anime, how about Nonon Jakuzure from Kill la Kill? The band club leader's totally about fighting with the power of music!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

VanSandman posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to look for it, but I'm looking for some "lonely-out-in-space" tunes. The kind of thing that's mainly one instrument, maybe one person singing, very isolation-y sound. Any good recommendations?

Search Youtube for "paul ruskay" and "homeworld".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y8Dhqi1YvY

All the lonely out-in-space-plus-optional-lone-voice stuff you could possibly want! :)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

St0rmD posted:

I love how their minis are dudes in suits with laptops and the "dungeon" is full of cubicles and office furniture.

What I wonder is if anyone has actually made a modern office RPG?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Veyrall posted:

What annoys me is how she has a nosebleed and cracked glasses, with absolutely zero signs of damage otherwise. Those two details just stick out so bad and don't mesh at all with the "anime waifu with boxing gloves" thing the rest of the picture has going on.

Well clearly she is a boxing anime waifu who has endured a psionic attack!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wasn't Frazetta self-taught? I think I read somewhere that he never had formal art training and just learned all that badass anatomy himself. What I love best is his inkwork. There's just something amazingly cool, dynamic, and vivid about that sort of classic style of inking.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Egregious Offences posted:

Would you guys have any blank maps?

I made this for a Crusader Kings 2 mod I'm making:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Antinumeric posted:

Is that Sonendar? I love that mod.

Yup, it is! This is more like an expanded map for a possible EU4 / Victoria 3 (if it ever comes out!) mod.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I've got a level 12 Jester, and a level 18 Youngster in my party. Who else do we need to make a balanced group for our campaign?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I would read the gently caress out of a Snow Crash manga drawn in that style.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I am looking for an MTG creature that was posted in this thread at one point. It was very white, but had red/bleeding flesh/skin, and wore some kind of fan-like head-garment/adornment. I think its MTG color was black (despite being white in the art) or black/white. It was really disturbing and weird-looking, but I completely forgot what it was called. Also, it was probably from one of the recenter decks.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This?

if so, knock the "l" off the end of the URL to get an even bigger version. Good ol' Elesh Norn.

Cryophage posted:

This one?

Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

e;fb

Some other art from the Phyrexia block:

Yeah, that's great, you guys! Thank you for this! It was driving me nuts looking for it with the scant information I had.

It's such a cool, creepy aesthetic, kind of like "Perverted Heavenly" if you understand what I mean. Things that have the outward signatures of good -- the color white, heaven and angels and knights and such -- but corrupted into evil.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Leper Colon V posted:

They've gone back and forth on whether it's genetic memory, or if they're just insanely powerful psychics who don't know how to use it except via what's essentially a super-charged-psychic-placebo-effect.

The effect remains the same: If an Ork paints something red, and believes that will make it go faster, it will go faster.

The real question is -- does it stop working if the Ork isn't driving?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Dude just dropped the king of all :yohoho:

:yohoho:"By the way, can I see your panties?"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wayne Douglas Barlowe's Inferno

:black101:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 16, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

It's my birthday, bring me pictures of robot girls.

:nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

13 year old Mongolian girl raised golden eagle, taught it to hunt foxes

It's almost as big as she is. :black101:

EDIT: Ah, a couple of these depict her fellow male eagle hunter apprentices. Still, the image of a kid with a big-rear end gently caress-off eagle is amazing.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 18, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Kurieg posted:

She uses a Glaive in the most recent set because she's been empowered by the sun god to kill the rear end in a top hat god, and the spear (named Godsend) is his gift to her.

I I am in love with the color work on this card but I could never figure out what the hell is up with that pose.

Now I'm imagining a skateboarder-mage. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mehrangarh Fort, Rajasthan, India

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:confused:
How does he walk? Does he roll along the ground like a wheel?

I'm looking for modern-style reference images of well-dressed gentlemen wielding their walking sticks like clubs, like the way they're depicted in old 19th century woodcuts showing fights breaking out in Parliament and whatnot.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JohnnySavs posted:

It turns out that "walking stick as club" is an actual British martial art called "Bartitsu"

This is great! Thanks!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

AXE COP posted:

I have my own request: weird mounts. Horses and camels are boring. Show me your crazy caterpillar-mounted pixies and giant scorpion cavalry and stuff please.

This is from Uncreation, a strange, wonderful webcomic drawn by a friend of mine.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

OtspIII posted:

This is really good--I'm super digging the Go Nagai vibes. Do you know if your friend is actually thinking of bringing it back or is it still more or less dead?

It's unfortunately on "indefinite hiatus" as he redesigns/ponders a few things and does some other projects, but he still thinks about it a lot and doesn't consider it dead.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Attack on Titan is a manga and anime series that's pretty much "how do you take down giants?" in serialized form.

(The answer: gas-powered grappling devices and razor-sharp swords with breakaway blades :haw: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwbJOSm4SUs

Which is pretty silly, all things considered, since all it would really take is some nets and trip-wires. :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Could someone repost those awesome pictures of Sun Wukong fighting some gigantic, mountain-sized Indian gods and such? Those were amazing, but I've completely forgotten who did them.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Excellent!! Thanks so much, dude! :neckbeard:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Give me your magical fantasy princesses, thread! Singing, birds, and animals are optional!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Strange Matter posted:

I have a request of certain specificity, but for the sake of variety I'll provide a ladder of detail. I'm trying to put together a character but for some reason she's not coming together perfectly in my mind, so I'm looking for visual inspiration

Can I see art of:

• Sci-Fi Gunslingers
  • [Female] Sci-Fi Gunslingers
  • [Black] [Female] Sci-Fi Gunslingers

Any of the above would be a big help

Have you ever read Stephen King's Dark Tower series? The books come with illustrations that I suspect might contain what you are looking for.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Zorak posted:

The Mardu Horde:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Man forget about crushing your enemies and hearing the lamentations of the women, it's all about fleet horses, the open steppe, eagle at your breast and wind in your hair. :black101:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Like Ilsa Haupstein, from Hellboy? There don't seem to be very many great images of her scanned from the comic books, but go and track down Hellboy v.1: Seed of Destruction.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

So, I'm not sure if this is the thread for it, but i'm looking to commission some art for my elf game characters (and some friend's)

Any chance you guys know some cool artists? I've gotten burned once commissioning random people with pretty art off deviantart (took six months to get the sketch to me, then demanded I double how much I had sent her already if I wanted her to take it any further) so i'm really hesitant to do that.

Yo, I'd be open to commissions, if you don't mind a slightly animesque drawing style.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

The little grenade next to usernames shows who has plat.

OH! That's what it means!! Haha, I always thought it was there to show who was online right now and who wasn't!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ObMeiste posted:

Perhaps someone could assist me: I'm trying to find a reference image for a leaping down stab.

Like so, but from Samus' perspective - looking up at Link coming down.

I'm just looking for a reference to the posse / perspective itself, nothing character-specific. Could anyone help me out? :shobon:

You might want to try perusing Senshi Stock. This person has literally hundred, if not thousands of useful action and stock poses.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Reene posted:

I'm not sure where else to put this

Ahh man. That looks like so much fun to watch! I bet those students had a blast that period. I wish I was back in college. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Next Crusader Kings 2 DLC spotted.