Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I'm in need of some Planetary Fantasy / Science Fantasy inspiration material: essentially sci-fi disguised as fantasy ala Lord of Light, The Book of the New Sun, or the Pern series. Landscapes that are Earthlike but noticeably alien, high technology that's been repurposed or is almost (but not quite) indistinguishable from magic, lost colonies, sword-and-sandal heroes fighting dudes in power armor, that sort of thing. Interesting people, savannahs, coasts and mountains would be especially useful.

Here's some of what I've got so far:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Luckily for you, I assembled a huge imgur album of that sort of thing.

Here's a selection of them. There's about 566 images in the album and I add more periodically.

:monocle:

I know what I'm doing for the next few hours. Good lord. Thanks!

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I'm looking for a male halberdier or polearm-wielder with a distinctly Middle Eastern vibe, preferably in light armor or none at all. If this fellow's spear had a big fuckoff tabarzin axe or glaive at the end instead of a leaf-blade he'd be perfect:

On a related note, there's some cool illustrations of Mamluk and Berber infantry out there:

Kestral fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 16, 2015