Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm unsure of the ethics of editing other peoples art for D&D, but here's an edit I did:

Source image: https://www.deviantart.com/nonvieta/art/Cold-Blood-175761922

My variation:

Basically I wanted to make an "Ice Wraith" monster for my D&D campaign, and just wasn't finding what I wanted from Pinterest, so
I took an existing artwork I happened to have and played around with it in Paint(dot)net.

Process:
I took some textures from Forgotten Adventures, they make battlemaps and art assets/tokens for TTRPGs, and I happened to
own some of their assets, in particular I took some snow textures, "fairy lights", "snow fall", fog, and grunge overlay textures.

I experimented basically with a process where I cranked up contrast to max and inverted the colours to create a sort of masking layer,
which I applied a gaussian blur towards, which I adjusted the tint to get the greenish-blue glow effect.

I adjusted the size of the grunge texture and then played with blend modes and their alpha values, which in the end let me add this sort
of "frozen" etherial feeling to the original, this took a bit of trial and error until I got the result I was seeking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
At work I was tasked with creating a Hero Forge mini (I work in gamedev), so I made one for my Psionic Soul/Aberrant Mind Sorcerer.

Domain Expansion: Aberrant Moon :getin:

e: THOSE ARE NOT CAT EARS TO BE CLEAR. SHE'S AN OWLFOLK (from UA).