Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Where the tumblr witch pictures all from a few artists or do tumblr artists all share a very similar style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Take a look at Barlowe's Inferno series. A lot of good distorted humans and weird creatures in their.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Fun fact: the disc on the demon second from the top is actually a defeated demon/devil. I also think that may be a minor devil (or demon, I don't remember the terminology), which were created by the higher devils after the fall. You can tell by the two mouths.

I think accruing enough defeated devils could also cause a lesser devil to mature into a full one. The novel was pretty good once I got around Barlowe's writing style.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

spider bethlehem posted:

There's a book?! Barlowe has always struck me as the kind of dude who knew his way around a paintbrush but either by nature or as a consequence was almost a total alien. Is his stuff just impenetrable or what?

It's actually not bad. It feels like he might go too heavy on the run-ons or flowery language. I thought it was a good story of seeking redemption in hell.

The book. Man knows his art.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

spider bethlehem posted:

I've been a fan of Wayne Barlowe since the Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials turned up in my local bookshop 15 years ago. It's great to know he's got more and better out there even than that. He has the kind of luminous imaginative potential that makes me shiver- he has the ability to see clearly what isn't there.

Find Expedition at your library if you can. It's god damned gorgeous and written as a nature journal from an explorer of an alien world. It's out of print and runs for a hundred bucks easily. I think Alien Planet has a segment based off it or is based off it, but it doesn't cover as much as the book does.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Objectivist Rapist posted:

Also worth mentioning that Gough is blind (look at how he fumbles for the bow in the video.)

Not blind, his helmet's eye slits are covered in resin. From DS2, giants appear to be some kind of weird amalgamation of earth, tree and something.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I hope some of these get used in the upcoming DLCs, especially the Lion Lord an Forest Sage. Also looks like the Faram Set originally had Bernhart's helm.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I'm getting a weird fanart vibe from this person. Like they're going to have hundreds of comics dedicated to kelpies dragging people under.

Hundreds, many of which won't see the light of day.

Just the harsh glow of a monitor as they become a vehicle for their shameful acts.

Course, I could be wrong!

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Slap the halfling rogue in the back of the head and asked if you just slapped them.

BAM! Solution!

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
In the Temur one, I just want to point out that there is a mastiff warrior in the lower right.

Big, slobbery fightmans.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

I'll have to look up what book has robot gorilla power armor. I'm mostly positive it exists, though.

Check out the Karmans from AT-43.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I believe the one you quoted Frankosity is from Ringworld. I believe that's the great eye storm they pass through.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

RPZip posted:

What? It's a giant sea monster with an enormous maw underneath the ship, with some light clouds in the sky. You can still see the ship's wake behind them, it's not being obscured by the monster because the monster is in the water below.

Yeah, I realized that just now.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
He's also not staring down his nose at you arrogantly while clasping his hands over his paunch because he just ate a small banquet's worth of food for one meal.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Green Intern posted:

That guy second from the left is incredible.

It's a good image, but I can help from being nitpicky over their body armor. Completely leaves their abdomen open. Like, 'Oh hai! Lungs and heart are protected, have a crippling gut wound!' kind of open.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
GIS white walkers from the book version of A Song of Ice and Fire. The show gets them wrong, they're pretty much pale, beautiful creatures in sleek armor that have it out for mankind.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Back for the last 4e game I was involved in, I ran a Tiefling spellsinger as the mechanics behind someone who was metaphysically kidnapped by a forgotten and transformed into it's herald. I did the lineart, I had a friend color it.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

My favorite detail about that one is how the hammers for the guns are built into her hands. Why do it that way? Who cares, it's cool.

That's because it's Mesa from Warframes. She has two built in revolvers that flip into her hand as her high end active skill. Said skill was overpowered as poo poo when she was launched and a good build would be able to hold an entire defense map by herself with just that skill.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Wol has posted a picture of Space General Sherman. This is something I never knew I needed.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Got talked into DMing a 5e game online. Not superthrilled with Roll20's search engine or my options for tokens, so I drew monster portraits to use as tokens.

Thumbnail link, so it can be embiggened.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Hey, do you guys know Osprey press? They do little tiny paperbacks about army x or y (aimed at modelers, I think) with distinctive color plates. Stuff like this:

Do you guys know if there's any fantasy artwork out there with a similar feel? Any kind of character(s), any kind of scene. Hell, sci-fi, even.

Osprey has you covered on that front as well. Please click. They also have a game division now and books based on myth. So those might good places to look.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Chris Moeller and Iron Empires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Is that last one Juan Gimenez? Because that style looks like some of his work from The Metabarons.