Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Anyone seen any good takes on Red Dragons with battle damage/old wounds/scars? I've been fiddling with inspiration from early Salt in Wounds but with some number of Red Dragons being held instead of The Tarrasque. One managed to escape, pushing the game forward as the party was responsible both for nearly taking it down and for releasing its last lock ("surely the dragon will understand and appreciate this gesture -- oh no")

So yeah, Red Dragons (or dragons in general, I can edit color or convert to grayscale) with scars, broken chains/manacles, that sort of thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Loved this so much I used it for theme-setting earlier tonight and now I have players Very Concerned about this identified-as-Named-and-magical helm +1 with a sentience present that's unknowable without wearing it.

They put it on one of the (player) necromancer's surviving skeletons (2/4 became statues) which was only given the commands "stand here" and "stand up and speak" (D&D skeletons are not capable of speech). After nothing came of that, the barbarian ripped the helmet off of the skeleton, after which its skull plopped out.

The mystery and tension of The Obsidian Visage continues to the next session

Thank you so much for posting such a badass inspirational picture.

Going with "emotional amplifier" as a two-word summary for the sentience's primary agenda/ability, with the intensity of the upward-flowing cape effect directly correlating to how emotionally amplified the wearer is. It is currently in a bag carried by the Berserker Barbarian.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Feeple posted:

That's an odd looking lich.
That half-elf is walking around with no visible equipment whatsoever

Maybe not a lich, but definitely dangerous

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Not shanties by any means, but if you're going for background music in space you can't go wrong with Gustav Holst's The Planets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isic2Z2e2xs

Written a century ago, before the discovery of Pluto, so it's still accurate! :eng101:

Also the first movement (Mars) has been used all over the place. My personal memory of it was that it was the intro music for Escape Velocity: Nova.

stringless fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 7, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The party is about to hit the elemental plane of air. These are the images I'm going to use for scene setting:

Anyone got similar imagery? Or just anything badass and not simplistic "castle in the clouds" style?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

trapstar posted:

Here is the closest thing I could find in my art folder.

Ooh I love it, I've already primed the party on "elemental planes have day and night cycles even though there isn't necessarily a sun involved"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

drat, good point. Didn't play while it was in Standard, but still shelled out for them fancy lands around Gatecrash.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I know that was in response to "floating magical cities" but drat, some of those are perfect, thank you so much!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Like True Blood? Or Vampire: The Masquerade?

Or monochrome techno-goths with pointy teeth? Lestat with an iPhone?

Just trying to pinpoint what you mean by "modern day vampire" here

have you watched What We Do in the Shadows?

stringless fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 27, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I need dope pictures of goblins riding worgs or wolves of any sort.
I'll meet you halfway :colbert:

(Warhammer Fantasy has tons of art for this though)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Search for "priest" instead perhaps?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

bonk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005