Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

fatherdog posted:

The first time one of the characters in our group makes an attack against a given defense for a monster, the actual number for that defense goes up on our turn tracker. We're using a custom one, though; dunno if Masterplan has that functionality.

This is what I did when I ran my game and subsequent DMs have used it too (though I make one of the players write it down rather than put it up on a turn tracker; if they don't care enough to keep track of it I'm certainly not expending effort to do it for them). It has a nice effect on some combats, where there's either one or two obviously more powerful enemies or a bunch of one type- they can feel the enemies out with attacks against various defenses before finding a low one to focus on. It helps if you have a lot of powers targeting different defenses in your party, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU