Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

AXE COP posted:

The builder has special classes for companion characters too.

The character builder? I didn't know it had special companion stuff, and I've been looking for something like that. Where at? I'm poking around it and can't find anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ojetor posted:

I'm someone who has PMs and has just been roped into DMing 4e. I would be interested in these offline compendiums.

I would also be interested in these.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Spiteski posted:

Feel free to PM me for the CBLoader and the offline Compendium. Both are up to date with all the stuff, all of the stuff(!)
Also I am not at home but when I am I can link the site to get new subscriptions to DDI if anyone needs it for Adventure Tools and whatnot.

Speaking of, I'm messing with the offline builder right now.

How do you access themes during character creation? I'm looking around but don't see the option for them anywhere.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Whoop, there they are. How the hell did I overlook that?

Thanks!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So, I’ve finally gotten a new group together to play with, and we’re in the process of rolling characters for everyone, but I’m slightly stumped with one player’s character concept.

They want to focus on water-based powers and spells, and I’m trying to figure out the best way to do that.

Aside from the water elementalist (ugh, essentials), the watershaper theme, and the water genasi, is there any other stuff that lets a character focus on water based powers? I can’t think of any classes that have a ton of water based powers.

Wizard and just refluff stuff?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Crotch posted:

I always thought of avengers as "barbarians, but het up about God".

Moriatti posted:

To that end, Avenger and Paladin have almost identical flavour.

The way I've described the difference to my players before is like this:

Let's say your local temple gets attacked by baddies in the middle of the night. The clerics are going to make sure everyone is okay, they're going to focus on healing the injured and keeping everyone calm about what happened.

The paladins are going to set up a watch around the temple, come up with a plan to find out who did this and whether they should go after them or not, and in the morning will execute said plan.

The avengers are the crazy cultists that are going to pick up their weapons and scream "OH HELL NO" and take off in the middle of the night to bring divine retribution to the assholes that dared attack their holy ground. :black101:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I don't really see a tremendous difference between paladins and avengers flavor-wise, outside of one being more oriented towards Assassin's Creed than the other. Paladins, avengers, clerics, and invokers could all live in a temple together (and form a divine party, which is cool).

And poor runepriests get left out in the cold. :sigh:

I like runepriests. Pity they came around so late in the game that they didn't really have much time to be built on.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm starting a new game of 4e this weekend and I'm super excited about it. It's been years since I've gotten to play D&D (my last group died and all my attempts at putting together new ones flopped), and one of the players is new and super fuckin' hyped to play, and it's rubbing off on me and getting me more and more excited to start. :dance:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gharbad the Weak posted:

What's the hype dude playin

Drow monk. :v: I was flipping through PHBs showing him races and he immediately latched onto the drow. It’s okay though, I’ve got some ideas for that.

The other two players are a Shadar-Kai Swordmage and a Human Cleric. I think it’s going to be a fun group.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gort posted:

Emo Squad and The Reverend

Pretty much, lol.

Moriatti posted:

Those are pretty fun, you may wish to give a lot of environmental options for extra damage here or there, since that crew runs the potential for low output, thus long fights.

That's the plan. I tried to steer them towards more damage options, so we'll see how things go.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So, we have a last-minute issue.

I'm trying to print out everyone's character sheets from the offline builder, buuut it's only printing the blank sheet and not filling it in. I googled a solution and was told to use CutePDF, and while that converted the character sheets into PDFs, the PDFs themselves are still coming out with the same printing error.

Any advice here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TheDemon posted:

When you convert to PDF through the print dialogue go into the settings and reduce the DPI to something reasonable, maybe? Not sure, like, say, 96?

I turned it down to 72 and no dice. :shrug:

I may be up a lil' late tonight copying everything over by hand.