Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What kind of fights require only a sixteen square grid? Or is this some theatre of the mind bullshit. :argh:

Starting my group back up in Februrary, very excited to get back into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Looking for some advice with regards to pre-gens. Current group meets at a hobby shop and there's always talk of someone or other being interested in joining.

So I'd like to have some characters ready for them, that they can then go off and customise or make their own.

Only level four so it's not as if there's a huge amount of powers, yet. Still, anyone have any suggestions for some, or where I might look?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Wow, this rogue talk is blowing my mind. We mostly use the character builder, and it never once mentioned that the shortbow didn't work with them.

Unrelatedly, taking a break from my campaign to let a player run a one-shot, he's having us all make wizard types. Three controllers should be fun.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Robots sound so much cooler than the campaign I'm running... Speaking off, would love some ideas!

So the party split up last time because of real life absences, the thri keen rogue was left on the boat, and the dwarf slayer, cleric, and sorceror investigated talk of some ruins and encountered an orc dig site.

Combat ensued, and the party was actually taken down, slayer and cleric were knocked out, and the sorceror assumed his rat form and fled down a hole.

Now he has a rescue mission, I let him take a five minute rest, but figured the other two are hardly in a rest state.

That seem unfair? I might say that the orcs aren't doing much other than prodding/antagonising them, personally not a fan of torture even though this party has been going up and down the coast murdering their way through dozens and dozens of orc mercenaries and several camps, while the leader went into the ruins for nefarious reasons.

Got to find a reason to bring the rogue and potential other person along as well. They've got a large ship crewed by fairly ne'er do wells, might let them all come in and have an enormous melee?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Heard a horror story about someone else's 4e game. Anyone ever heard of a 'wolfwere'?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I see, they the kind of beasty that could give a level 7 party a hard time? I heard talk of it having 400hp or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Sounds like it, wanted to check on the monster compendium, but subscriptions lapsed since my group moved to other things.