Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I was really tempted to PM Gau to ask what the source was of the quote he used to usher the last thread out to pasture. Anyway, here's my pastebin quick list of why every class is awesome and you should play it from the last thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

PeterWeller posted:

I have the whole thing drawn out on Tactiles and place them as the players explore. I will reuse a lot of maps, too. For example, I have one Neverwinter sewers map that I have used at least three times so far in our current campaign.
You're no worse than Bethesda/Bioware, at least.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Keep in mind that the Combat Challenge isn't an OA. The Polearm effect lets you stack both if you desire.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I'm interested in whatever anyone gets going that involves Roll20 4E with goons.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Thinking of running a game that doesn't even pretend to care about non-combat abilities. Working on figuring out how to use certain skills in an all battle all the time setting. Most work as written with a couple exceptions. Help me figure out if these alternate uses work ok!

Diplomacy: Encounter, free action. Normal DC. Give an ally +2 untyped hit to next attack.
Endurance: Daily, free action. Hard DC. Don't spend a surge when required.
Heal: 1/day free action. Hard DC. Ally you target with healing power doesn't spend a surge when required.
History: Knowledge of tactics? Maybe good for monster knowledge checks at a penalty
Intimidate: No penalty for attempting to force surrender, and it's a minor action

Arcana, Dungeoneering, Nature, Religion, Streetwise: Some sort of encounter interrupt on a hit for each magical power source, instigating a one-on-one with the triggering enemy. Wizards' duel, mind battle, spirit clash, my deity is better than yours, whatever it is shadow characters do to their hated enemies. Mechanics still WIP

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Honestly I just want there to be a point to skills besides Stealth and Perception in a campaign that focuses on the best part of the game: fantasy squad combat tactics.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Hey can someone explain to me what the gently caress is up with the new books coming out starting in July? Are they 5e? 4e? 4.5? Do I have to go to the Next thread in DDRD to find out? :ohdear:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Cool, thanks. I'm tempted to pick up the starter set to see if there's anything to it.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
DMG 2 had them, iirc.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Jade Mage posted:

Do you know the page? I'm having difficulty finding them.

131. It doesn't have any of the Eberron or PHB3 classes, because those don't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Bikindok posted:

I'm not currently using the character builder. I'm just using the books and doing it manually, but I can probably use it if it's important.

The Pact Boon seemed neat but kind of limited, is there a trick to it or something?

Assuming I did go Starlock, is it worth investing in both Con and Cha, or should I just focus one? I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that the Star At-Will and Paragon Path had been Errata'd to work with either Ability, so I wondered if I needed both. Also, any mandatory or near-mandatory feats for Warlocks in general?

Holy poo poo the char builder is so important, get it. If your DM won't pay for it he's a chump.

The Star Pact usually wants to concentrate on CON or CHA, not both, and have INT secondary to get those sweet control effects on your powers. CHA is more generally useful over your career, because there are more powers to pick from, while CON powers are more damaging (including the doom laser at level 29).

And what are you talking about with the Pact Boon? +1 attack rolls is stupid good, especially because it stacks if you trigger it multiple times. Pick up Improved Fate of the Void and it's +2.