Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Dick Burglar posted:

Check your PMs.

I'm doing similar stuff, can you PM me whatever you PM'd this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Who was going to make that X-COM Strike! game? It's been a year or so but I still hink about how good of an idea that was.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean I'm being a little harsh here when, in all honestly, "4E with to-hit rolls eliminated or dramatically de-emphasized" sounds like my dream game. It's just that you're talking about a radically different game at that point.

yo have you played gloomhaven

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Is there like, a short list of classes of calsses you should actively tell players Do Not Use if you were DMing a 4e game?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Is there somewhere you can get like a big Summary of the various D&D 4e classes and a sentence summary of their playstyles? Interested mostly for ideas for a lancer hack i'm loving around with.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
just a link to the LANCER thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

For those interested, I started making really rambly, stream-of-consciousness videos for running Dnd4e in Foundry VTT. The topics I cover are effects, conditions and auras, animations, and using character tokens to make things easier on the DM.

You can see the playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEAlvzLhF2-iQsjepsdz1Ww

I highly recommend watching them at 1.5/2x speed.

hey just wanted to say big thanks for this stuff here. I know it's old now but very helpful for letting me get my 4e campaign up off the ground.