Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I've generally handled it by having pay-as-you-go rituals. Like, the player notes 'ritual components' on their sheet but the actual value is unstated unless and until rituals are performed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So does anyone know of an Owlbear race for 4E, 3PP or homebrew?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Gort posted:

But how do you prevent players using the same daily power every fight?
If you're the DM then you should know what daily powers your players have (generally, not necessarily being able to name every one of them and remember their exact mechanics). If you have a caster repeatedly spamming a fire spell, throw in some creatures with Resist or Immune to Fire. If a character is getting a lot of mileage out of a forced movement power then send some monsters with forced movement mitigation at them. Mix it up, though. Don't suddenly have all enemies immune to what they can do, but make them choose more carefully.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just bought the Rules Compendium from DnDClassics and downloaded the Quickstart guide as well, but can you really not buy any PDFs of the PHBs or even the Essentials books? Are there any digital products besides DDI for character creation?
DnDClassics focuses on books that are harder to find/out of print. The core 4E books are in a weird place because they're 1) readily available for relatively cheap and 2) woefully out of date as far as errata and math-fixes go. There's really no good reason for WOTC to start selling pdfs cheaply as long as Insider exists to continuously draw in 4E player money.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 16, 2014

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

LightWarden posted:

It would function just fine as a Warlord at-will: Standard Action, make an athletics check to jump, but an ally within reach jumps that distance instead of you and makes a basic attack. If the ally weighs less than your ability to lift, the jump counts as having a running start.
Nobody tosses a dwarf, but tossing that halfling Barbarian is a time honored tradition.