Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Iron Heart posted:

More joyful feats being able to be taken earlier, and an entire extra feat that's doubtless more pleasing to the player than expertise, can only be a good thing.

Personally, I just disallow expertise feats, and use the 13th Age escalation die (+1 to hit at the end of each round, up to +6) to make up for it, which has the side benefit of encouraging people to hold onto their encounter and daily powers for use as finishers, when they're most likely to land.

Do you still give out +1 whatever magic items or do you just stick to cool magic items? I'm trying to build up some house rules for the 4e I'm about to run and plan on stealing as much as possible. I've already got "assign your stat bonuses however you want".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Does Roll20 just not support 4e at all? I can't find how to add monsters. I'm pretty inexperienced at running on roll20 but it seems like basic things aren't there.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Verisimilidude posted:

Not an answer to your question, but 4e runs very well on Foundry VTT. It takes some setup but once it's running it works great. You can read more at the D&D4e discord https://discord.gg/3jsz28fG

Fifty dollars is very steep and I'm very unemployed right now but I'll take a look. Thank you!

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Verisimilidude posted:

Understandable! If you get the chance to, the 4eDnD system for Foundry can be very useful. It manages automatic expiration of effects and abilities, automatically applies bonuses/penalties from effects, you can pull in powers/creatures/items/classes straight from a compendium, and more. I went ham setting mine up and it ended up working very well, if still a bit janky.

I have gotten it! I haven't gone ham yet. I don't know how to invite players into the game.

I also don't know how to do gold and items but I think that's in the rules compendium.

Edit: I've got two brand spankers players (literally haven't played elf games before) so I was thinking of starting the game with a suspicious hostage situation played put with a skill challenge so that they learn how skills can be used I'm unexpected ways to solve problems. And then at some point they go into the living dungeon where they find cultists and a mid 90s office building that very clearly belongs in our world.

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 16, 2023