Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

SeraphSlaughter posted:

One of my players for a campaign I'm just starting expressed interest in bringing some lycanthropy traits into his character. I want to encourage it since he's building up a lot of backstory for it, but I don't want him to have more abilities right out of the gate than other players. Does anyone have any resources/homebrew stuff/advice for handling something like this? I was thinking of either reskinning a Shifter as a lycanthrope since it's almost the same thing, and letting his racial ability cover it, but it doesn't seem like quite enough to cover the effects of lycanthropy. I'll probably be categorizing this as a racial feature for him anyway, so if we come up with something homebrew, it'd be replacing whatever other racial abilities he would've had.

Would a shifter druid or maybe a barbarian with some refluffing work?

GimpInBlack fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

P.d0t posted:

If you want to kludge something together, you could roll before declaring what power you're using; a hit means you hit with an encounter or daily power, a miss means you hit with an at-will power (or miss with an encounter/daily that has an Effect or Miss line, your choice).

As usual, Essentials classes would complicate the picture.

That really only works if your powers are basically just straight up +damage or whatever. I mean, if you're trying to push an enemy away with a basic attack, rolling well enough to trigger Come and Get It is a waste. Conversely, if you really need to pull a bunch of dudes toward you, only rolling well enough to pop Cleave is as useless as a miss.

Maybe you could split hit effects into damage and OTHER_STUFF, with a partial success giving you one or the other and a full success giving you both?

GimpInBlack fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 5, 2014