Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.

The Leper Colon V posted:

Hey, I'm working on V Daivve maps and a Masterplan file for the 4e RHOD campaign I'm running. Would anyone be interested in the files once I'm done? I'll probably upload them by parts. Or even just posts about the encounters and how they were handled? Or is there a better thread for that?

I'd be interested! Love me any and all extra materials to work with when possible :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

Anyone familiar with the 4eturntracker?
I used the heck out of it and found it handled combat encounters like a dream. Unfortunately after I switched to Windows 8 I've been unable to run it, due to it most likely being non-compatible with the OS.
Furthermore the person who made it hasn't given it any updates since July, so there's no hope on it being something that it'll be fixed anytime soon :(

Now I'm desperate to use it again as it really was a boon and I was wondering if anyone had an idea for a solution for how to make it work, or if there are any alternatives that fill it's void to the same degree?

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

Have you tried Masterplan yet? The link is in the OP.

I might give it another look, but the problem I had with it was that it was rather a bit too all-encompassing and didn't really have the focused simplicity to running encounters as turntracker did. Also the process of getting the material I wanted to use into the masterplan library was really convoluted.
Granted a lot of those frustrations might have been exacerbated by my own lack of experience with it. :saddowns:

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

Ok yeah upon re-review and with the compendium import working, this looks a lot more ideal! Thanks for the help :)

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

Spiteski posted:

You're on my discord Pmush, jump in the 4e channel and read the pinned messages

There's a 4e channel? I'd be interested in joining the discourse!

Also the news that wizards is finally taking down the various 4e stuff is a huge bummer; I've been super reliant on the monster vault there for monster stats for my games.
Is there any way to get the content there downloaded besides downloading each monster file by hand? I know masterplan had an add-on to import monster compendium content directly, but for some reason it isn't working for me any longer. Is it broken?