Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
I just now realized that the cute chibi RPG image I used in the OP predates the release of 4th Edition. It's awesome and I don't care.

Edit: Oh, and the Old-School Thread is now here.

Edit2: Oh, and the Dungeon Master Companion site (which is linked twice) is down because apparently someone stole it from her or something.

Gau fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Captain Walker posted:

I was really tempted to PM Gau to ask what the source was of the quote he used to usher the last thread out to pasture. Anyway, here's my pastebin quick list of why every class is awesome and you should play it from the last thread.

Wizards is comin fo yo books

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

aegof posted:

Same, but mostly because my group only has one set of dice. It's fine, though; if the d20 lands on the other side of the table when it's Monster Time, I get to ask the players do some attack rolls against themselves.

We started doing this in my last campaign and it's hella fun. It creates an air of tension, and it means you don't have to ask for defenses!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

The relevant rules are on pages 217 and 218 of the Rules Compendium. The only things that can prevent a creature from flanking another creature are:
  • It cannot see the creature it's attempting to flank.
  • It has no line of effect to the creature it's attempting to flank.
  • It is subject to an effect that prevents it from taking actions (like petrification).

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Insert Coin games have kind of died out, but I've always been interested in playing/running a 4E one again. Would there be any interest amongst you guys in running such a thing? 4E makes a fun tactical challenge, and we could even do rotating DMs.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

The Leper Colon V posted:

Insert Coin doesn't work nearly as well on PbP, where the fast-paced combat gets slowed down to "1-2 posts per day" speed.

It would, however, work really well for a regular pickup-style whoever-shows-up Roll20 game or something.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Someone who has actually, you know, played these should make a top ten or top thirty list. Maybe just list the best three or four for each tier. There are like, three billion modules on that site, there's no way I have time to read a bunch just to find a good one.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Either WotC has taken the LFR page down, or the links on that site are broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I mean the links to the LFR Adventure Archive found here.