Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I'd say that they provide enough benefits to edge themselves out of feat tax territory. Like, I don't feel cheated when I take a superior implement feat, because they always provide some sort of icing on the cake of a build. And they're certainly not necessary for effective characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

There's a theme called Darkwalker Kin that gives the character an at-will, once per round wolf transformation, and the bite is like, 1d8, +3 proficiency bonus, and gets the enhancement of your primary hand weapon. When you transform you can shift as well.

I think the theme is Human only?

edit: and by once per round, I mean it lasts until you leave the form, but you can only activate the power once per round.

A Single Sphink fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 17, 2014

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Dragon 405.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Klungar posted:

I believe it is functionally the same as the Pack Outcast Theme, which would also be a good choice for a Werewolf-esque character.

Well poo poo, you're right. I've read through the Neverwinter book, so I should've remembered it from that.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

How well would a party deal with not having a leader? We're starting a 4e game on Saturday for the first time in a few years, and I don't remember ever playing in a group without some sort of leader, myself being the primary person to pick up that role.