Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My Lovely Horse posted:

You can't use that feat to hold a shield with your tail while wielding a two-handed weapon, right? Cause I'd argue that against a flat +1 is still worse, but competitive.

As far as I know all the prehensile tail feats specify that you can't actually do anything cool with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

No shock that most of that was added during the Essentials line.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Didn't anyone fix the monsters from the first 2 manuals? There's uh, a lot of iconic monsters in there. 3's the one where they were running out of good ones.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well as long as red dragons and orcs aren't irreversibly borked.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

As an unshakeable 4e defender, I gotta say, multiclass feats were such a misguided idea. People want actual multi-classing you nerds. Putting out Hybrids later was good but they shouldn't have been called Hybrids, they should've been called multi-classing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Crotch posted:

Worst fight I've ever had in 4e was a budget-appropriate batch of these fuckers:

Turns out a level 1 party is going to struggle against 4 enemies that take half damage from pretty much every attack (that a level 1 party has, at least), has everyone perma-proned, and deals 4d10+8 damage.

My party nearly wiped against the Graveyard At Col Fen final encounter.

Honestly that magic skull thing is bullshit.

I really hate that man.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 8, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I've never gotten anywhere near these, how big are these comics? And are they fairly complete stories, or is there like "Well, great, now I've got to figure out where the rest of the plot is" ?

The John Rogers IDW volumes collect 32 pages each, and there are no crossovers, though it ends somewhat abruptly when Mike Mearls pushed the nuke button on the 4e line. I think the other comics were similarly self contained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I waited so long for the Necromancer class and when it came out it was just a horrible sub-class.