Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little tea pot
May 1, 2008
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I am looking for some info. Nothing serious.

I am wanting to add a little extra to the dog (and cats) food. Like pumpkin, plain yogurt, eggs? What are your thoughts on brewers yeast (for fleas)? One cat is getting over a stomach thing and is mainly eating canned pate food (with some kibble now, too). The other only eats kibble. The dog will eat anything we give her (so far) but I'd like to add some extra healthy stuff for her to eat. She is an English Bulldog so she is already eating a high protein low/no grain diet. Including her treats which are jerky type of treats.

What I am wondering is this- is there anything I should be adding to their diets? As of now I can get two of the three to eat treats. The one cat doesn't like interaction much.. ok at all.. and will not eat the other cats wet food, nor will she eat treats I try to give her, though she comes when the can is shaken. I will try to get her to eat something different if there is a good reason. Is there anything I could try to tempt her with in her kibble bowl? The other cat will try anything before deciding she will never look at it again. What is safe to give them?

The dog will probably eat anything we give her- but what should that be? Not every meal, nor every day. Just a little treat now and then to keep her more healthy.

Sorry if this is rambling. I sometimes stay up to late thinking about our pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread