Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abutiu
Oct 21, 2013
So to kind of branch off on this, I know some people who cook for their own dogs and they also give them a "fast day" like every couple of weeks where they just don't feed the dog because apparently since dogs sometimes go hungry in the wild it is supposedly good for them? This sounds crazy to me. Am I wrong or is it crazy?

I tried Googling it when they first told me about it and could only bring up stuff about fasting for veterinary reasons (like before surgery or whatever) so that makes me think even more that they are crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abutiu
Oct 21, 2013

Tasty_Crayon posted:

I am not a vet but it sounds like all it would do is make your dog obnoxious and confused

That's exactly what I thought. They also claim it isn't necessary with commercial diets because it's processed food but their ~natural~ food is rich enough that it's a good idea, but then I'm like maybe if you have to starve your dogs occasionally because their diet is so rich you should just adjust the diet?

I mean their dogs look really good and I know they've worked with a vet nutritionist to develop their recipes and stuff so I don't mean to be mean, but it just seems wrong to me and I wondered if anyone else had heard of it.

• Locked thread