Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Awesome! posted:

I just miss having a farm with slave cats personally. Would be a good use for all this goddamn soil. I'm sure jollux has some barroth-level dung to provide too. Needing to go farm loving hercudromes or whatever can gently caress right off though.

I've only ever played MH:FU but watching the little cat dudes flip the gently caress out when they made me dinner may have been my favourite part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

What counts as the "end" of the demo for EU? I've done Chapter 1 and I thought it would stop there, but nope.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are 2 or 3 missions in ch. 2 that you get to do. It will cut you out of a fight and then give you a "thanks for playing the demo" so you can't miss it.

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
I love how crazy the oni get when you cut off all their parts also is online a separate campaign or attached to the main campaign?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ADullMin posted:

I love how crazy the oni get when you cut off all their parts also is online a separate campaign or attached to the main campaign?

It's separate progress, but the missions are mostly the same (there are a few extras on either side)

E: vvv Yes

Emalde fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 15, 2014

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
So you could potentially get really far in one and just easily beat the other?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Fun little thing I didn't realise until I poked through the manual, when doing chain-sickle's air combo stuff, you can not only use Hit & Away, but also use your Destroyer move, which freezes you in the air to aim it. Springing up to Jollux' face, using Destroyer and knocking off his spines and both arms at once was incredible satisfying.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Interesting, it looks like you can use AI partners in the Multiplayer missions. I do not know if they are unlocked by progress in the SP campaign, or if they are gated by phase, and I am sure they are no replacement for real players during the hairier battles, but it is a nice touch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, you can also take clones of people you've played with, which is neat if you're on your lonesome or can't get wifi or something.

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
I think I'm just going to go through the story until I have to farm an oni and then do that online.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Beat my first not-peco last night. Cool fight and it's neat to see their take on it. His fire charge attack does legit damage which is nice after being in very little danger of dying for the first few oni. He downed me once when I wasn't expecting it.

Also I finally found a couple large fangs from drumbles so I can make one of the fire weapons that have been taunting me from the start. Talk about a rare drop...

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Awesome! posted:

Also I finally found a couple large fangs from drumbles so I can make one of the fire weapons that have been taunting me from the start. Talk about a rare drop...

Or you could have just kept farming Pyroteryx :v:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is it possible for people with the English version and the Japanese version to play MP together? When I set my region setting to all I just find no MP rooms whatsoever.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Is it possible for people with the English version and the Japanese version to play MP together? When I set my region setting to all I just find no MP rooms whatsoever.

As noted in the OP, it's because other people also have to set their settings to "All" as well, since it separates the server clusters.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Is it just me or can the online connection be pretty flaky at times? Just got disconnected when I ran through a zone change and loading the last couple missions have taken a super long time for some reason.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 15, 2014

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Awesome! posted:

Is it just me or can the online connection be pretty flaky at times? Just got disconnected when I ran through a zone change and loading the last couple missions have taken a super long time for some reason.

Yeah, if everyone doesn't have their Vita set in the DMZ/have proper UPnP, it'll fight really hard.

Armor sets are starting to get hilarious:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

My vita isn't in my router's dmz but I've never had any problems with connectivity or party chat or anything. I'll check into that and see if it helps anything. I just did a few missions with a couple dudes with no hiccups and then on #4 I was stuck at the loading screen again.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
I'm trying to collect the mitama using this spreadsheet and I'm wondering if the drumble listed here is the normal drumble or is there some kind of pale drumble that I haven't found yet.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

dPB posted:

I'm trying to collect the mitama using this spreadsheet and I'm wondering if the drumble listed here is the normal drumble or is there some kind of pale drumble that I haven't found yet.

There is, you have to use the eye of truth to find it and it always seems to have a mitama. Check in boss arenas once the boss has gone to its second stage. There's an armor set which require 4 white snakeskins, what a pain! I've found 2 so far and they both dropped some other item.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Although I've been playing and having fun with this game it seems significantly easier than monster hunter. Am I right or am I misremembering MH3G?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lame Devil posted:

Although I've been playing and having fun with this game it seems significantly easier than monster hunter. Am I right or am I misremembering MH3G?

way easier

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lame Devil posted:

Way easier than MHFU but I don't find it much easier than 3 ultimate, unless you're comparing it to G rank.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Moon Monster posted:

Way easier than MHFU but I don't find it much easier than 3 ultimate, unless you're comparing it to G rank.
Everything but G rank is kinda tutorial unless you are new to MH games.
Does this game have an equivalent G rank? Is it as hard?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lame Devil posted:

I haven't fought everything quite yet, but it's a good deal easier so far than most MH games for sure. The only real hiccups I've had were Bladewing and Cthonian Fiend, just because I wasn't prepared for how much damage they could pump out in a short amount of time. Both were solved by crafting some armor that resisted their elements and being a little smarter in how I played.

Cthonian Fiend was also the first oni that I noticed regenerated his broken parts into different ones if you let him grow his arms back. How many others do that?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Crafted some bow and then realized how amazing it is if you really gently caress up every possible part on an Oni. Love Bows now.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are bows at all like MH with a steep dmg drop when you arent close enough?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

are bows at all like MH with a steep dmg drop when you arent close enough?

The different attacks have different arcs or ranges, but damage appears to be consistent

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Cthonian Fiend was also the first oni that I noticed regenerated his broken parts into different ones if you let him grow his arms back. How many others do that?

Terragrinder gets slightly different parts in his second stage, snake lady gets different snakes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Hymirvetr posted:

Crafted some bow and then realized how amazing it is if you really gently caress up every possible part on an Oni. Love Bows now.

Bow has really become my go to weapon for fighting real stuff with longsword for trash farming missions. I am trying to like the chain sickle but it hasn't really clicked yet. I did a jollux last night and focused on the spine ridge the entire time. Didn't get it off before he died. I was locked on to it, popping the agility move and trying to chain pull my way up there but it just wasn't working very well at all. With the bow I just lock on and charge-shot it off in a minute or two.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

Terragrinder gets slightly different parts in his second stage, snake lady gets different snakes.

Yeah, a few do that, but this was the first I saw where it went "you didn't purify the part, now it's different". That's kind of a neat mechanic I'd like to see expanded on.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Bussamove posted:

Yeah, a few do that, but this was the first I saw where it went "you didn't purify the part, now it's different". That's kind of a neat mechanic I'd like to see expanded on.

Cthonic and possibly Cimmerian King are the only ones. Viper Queen will explode the arena if you let her recover her shell, and Nightblade does something or other that I can't recall off the top of my head.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Where'd they come up with the monster name "Cimmerian King"? Maybe Toukiden Xtreme Legends will let you fight an Aquilonian King.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Eventually got the trophy to pop for cutting all the part off an Oni. Did it on manhunter, who is huge pain the rear end because he kept running face-first into walls. Ended up taking about 5 tries.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

PrinnySquadron posted:

Eventually got the trophy to pop for cutting all the part off an Oni. Did it on manhunter, who is huge pain the rear end because he kept running face-first into walls. Ended up taking about 5 tries.

What weapon did you use? Some weapons are better than others for breaking higher up parts. I didn't get the trophy my first time with long sword, but on my second fight against manhunter I used dual blades and it was pretty easy to break everything.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I almost got all terragrinder's breaks on my first try but one back leg in phase 2 managed to stay on. He hides those things pretty well since when he does pop out it's often only his front half. I like that his big gopher teeth are a break spot. Not sure bow is the best choice for this fight though since he likes to follow me around and it's hard to keep distance. Maybe I'll try chain-sickle with a spirit mitama to supplement my poor chain grappling ability. I've actually really been liking the gamestop preorder spirit mitama. She has a skill that gives pursuit a health leech effect and one that makes eruption just absolutely destroy a part. Think it's called eruption(burst).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

What weapon did you use? Some weapons are better than others for breaking higher up parts. I didn't get the trophy my first time with long sword, but on my second fight against manhunter I used dual blades and it was pretty easy to break everything.

Dual Blades and Bow are super easy to get all breaks with. Sickle would be too if you can get it down, but it just doesn't click for me so I stick to the other two.

Another plus of DB is that its weapon gauge move boomerangs back to you, so if you miss on the initial attack you can still hit them on the return. I've had to do that more often than I care to admit. :v:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've been using the kusarigama and I don't think I've ever not gotten all the breaks on the first try.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Long Blade, then switched to a Blaze Sickle and Chain when I got the trophy

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

I've been using the kusarigama and I don't think I've ever not gotten all the breaks on the first try.

Terragrinder is my white whale when it comes to getting breaks. When he gets to his second form it's a real pain getting his back legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
I usually save my special for the back legs on that guy.

Fauxtool posted:

Everything but G rank is kinda tutorial unless you are new to MH games.
Does this game have an equivalent G rank? Is it as hard?

I think I've seen a video of something similar to G Rank later on, but I'm not actually that far yet.

• Locked thread