Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

kirbysuperstar posted:

PSN preorder is up now - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-au/games/toukiden-the-age-of-demons-psn/cid=EP4108-PCSB00478_00-B000000000000950(AU page, but it should redirect you to UK/EU)

JB Hifi's page for it still isn't up, six days out from release and they're the sole retailer for the physical version here in Australia.

:thumbsup:

It's up now http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/toukiden-the-age-of-demons/698589

no mention of any pre order bonuses.

In the Demo the OP mentions 4 mitama to get. Where is the last one? Is it the one you find in the final mission of the demo but can never receive?

dPB fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

kirbysuperstar posted:

And sixty bucks to boot. Blehh no thanks. As much as I prefer physical copies...

Dropped by the local JB when I went out for lunch, no idea about any preorder bonuses and now the release date is the 27th of February. (Or was I hallucinating the previous date of 14th like with the rest of Europe?). Also EB Games has no idea about it so I guess you win this time EU PSN.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

Belzac posted:

Gamestop gave me a call and said it would be available tomorrow morning. Maybe different in EU.

I'm in Australia so...yeah. Or do we have our own separate PSN? I just assumed EU because we always get lumped with them.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
About the online component of the game, how is looting shared? I think purified parts are shared but what about items picked up? Also if a player uses a shrine is it still usable by anyone else?

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
I'm trying to collect the mitama using this spreadsheet and I'm wondering if the drumble listed here is the normal drumble or is there some kind of pale drumble that I haven't found yet.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
I have a spear that inflicts poison and I have mitama with boosts that increase the rate of applying status effects if that's what you mean? Deceit mitama has an ability to stun monsters (you literally shock trap an area and bosses will get stunned in it like in MH). I think the Gauntlet special sets parts on fire.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
tbh I haven't used it yet cos it was a relatively early weapon and I kinda skipped right over it. I'll try and test it the next time I play.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
The Sanctum skill from the Space Mitama also has the added effect of shortening everyone's skill charge times like the Space ritual but without having to stand in range of it.

Edit: Fighting Bladewing is such a pain. I'm using Def/Spear because the AI helpers are silly and everytime I try to do it online people keep dropping out so I end up with only 2 of us trying to take it on. Some things I have discovered though, Spear O attack charged to 3 will cancel its attacks. The only problem is you have NO invincibility going up or down so if it wasn't for the Defence Mitama shield you'll just get knocked back canceling your own attack. Also do you have any invincibility while dodging? I'm trying to dodge its aoe sweep where everything erupts (when it gets super angry) and nothing seems to work. Dodging towards him fails, backwards fails, it's like the only way to not be hit is to be out of range. Final complaint, why do spears not have a second wind weapon while other weapons sets do? Talking about the first tier 3 weapons.

dPB fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 19, 2014

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Green ones refill health, white ones restore all your skills to their maximum count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was using Blazebird +7 armor and some Oni Buster generic gauntlets I made combined with a DCT Mitama so... maybe that's why I was getting oneshot by his giant leap in phase 2? I'm not sure.

Terragrinder is water/earth so your armour choice might be your issue there. Also SPT Mitama is super handy in his second phase because you can charge up while he's farting around underground.

• Locked thread