Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
The best weapon is the spear because I like spears and cool people like spears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

dPB posted:

It's up now http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/toukiden-the-age-of-demons/698589

no mention of any pre order bonuses.

In the Demo the OP mentions 4 mitama to get. Where is the last one? Is it the one you find in the final mission of the demo but can never receive?

You get to keep that one.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

dPB posted:

Dropped by the local JB when I went out for lunch, no idea about any preorder bonuses and now the release date is the 27th of February. (Or was I hallucinating the previous date of 14th like with the rest of Europe?). Also EB Games has no idea about it so I guess you win this time EU PSN.

Gamestop gave me a call and said it would be available tomorrow morning. Maybe different in EU.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Mithaldu posted:

There's mainly one thing in the demo that really soured me on the game: Random drops that are completely disconnected from player skill.

In order to upgrade weapons loot is needed, however unlike Soul Sacrifice, where the loot obtained was purely based on player skill, in the demo it was all about beating the same critter again and again, hoping that it dropped the item with the right id. This was made worse by there being little opportunity to make running the missions faster, since most of the time was spent running from A to B, and some of the needed mobs only being once or thrice in any given mission.

How prevalent is this in the full game?

Similarly, does getting loot from bosses also depend on luck at all, or is that at least purely skill based?

Even SS had an element of randomness, most specifically with the Essences, yes running harder missions made + and ++ more likely and yes there were Sigils to make them more common but gently caress I ran Carn. Slime almost 200 times trying to get a SE+.

Edit: My sorrow made manifest.

Belzac fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 11, 2014

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I'm pretty sure any weapon can be a body part sniper god with the Spirit Mitama.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Fauxtool posted:

Played the demo, loved it.
Using the spear, does a charged thrust with the follow up flurry do more or less than the charged special move? I could do either on a downed monster. Is there an even better option?

I never use the O charged attack. Be sure when using the Square charge to chain it into more charges. It can chain 3 times before unleashing the atatatatatata attack at the the end.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Awesome! posted:

It's cool, I'm bad too. The plus side is this game has the downed mechanic that gives your team a chance to revive you. If they fail to do so you can just blame it on them!:v:

Every time you get downed it's harder and harder to bring you back. Stop dieing pls.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Boinks posted:

I just finished chapter 3 and I haven't seen any Goldentalons yet. Anyone know where they show up?

Goldentalons are a special offshoot of the Razortalon enemy and you can force them to spawn by finding any area with at least 2 Razortalons, killing them, and then waiting for them to respawn. One of them will respawn as a Golentalon. This is true for nearly all "rare" versions of enemies.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The exceptions to this would be:
The very small enemies (ie. Imps, Aurwings, and Poison spitters) which need at least 4 in a zone to respawn as a rare.
Drumbles and Flaming Souls rare types are actually rare and very hard to find. I don't know the exact rules on them but they can only be seen with Eye of Truth. The only times I've encountered them they've appeared in the zone after I already scanned the zone, done some fighting, then happened to turn it on again and there's a stupid Drumble in the back how did you get there. I've found most of them in boss rooms actually since you're in them so long I guess the chance of a rare monster spawning is pinged enough for one to hop in.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Did they ever add more than good old Cerb to this game in terms of DLC monsters? All these refights and recolors are lame.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
If you don't like killing the same monster 5+ times, you're gonna be in for a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Boinks posted:

Oh I wish it was just 5 times. I'm up to 10 and haven't seen one yet!

It's pretty much a 100% guaranteed drop if you destroy the breastplate breakoff part.

• Locked thread