Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Played the demo, loved it.
Using the spear, does a charged thrust with the follow up flurry do more or less than the charged special move? I could do either on a downed monster. Is there an even better option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any chance of the JP miatma like Otohime coming over to the ENG version?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lame Devil posted:

Although I've been playing and having fun with this game it seems significantly easier than monster hunter. Am I right or am I misremembering MH3G?

way easier

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Moon Monster posted:

Way easier than MHFU but I don't find it much easier than 3 ultimate, unless you're comparing it to G rank.
Everything but G rank is kinda tutorial unless you are new to MH games.
Does this game have an equivalent G rank? Is it as hard?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are bows at all like MH with a steep dmg drop when you arent close enough?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Six Of Spades posted:

The demo of this easily coasted me through a 4 hour train ride, and I'll definitely be getting the full version soon once I've finished exploring all the things I can do in the demo.

In MH3U I was a career support and a hunting horn fiend. Obviously there's no horn here, but I'm loving the sickle and chain's crowd control abilities. What would be considered as the 'support build' in this game?

Oh also, is there an item list for at least the demo portion of the game? For some reason I'm not getting copper ore or large fangs, and I'm not sure if that's because the demo intentionally omits them or if I'm overlooking something.

my understanding is that any job with the right miatama becomes support.

copper ore is a world loot, find the shinies

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dPB posted:

I have a spear that inflicts poison and I have mitama with boosts that increase the rate of applying status effects if that's what you mean? Deceit mitama has an ability to stun monsters (you literally shock trap an area and bosses will get stunned in it like in MH). I think the Gauntlet special sets parts on fire.

dang there are status inflicting weapons? I gotta play more. How powerful are the on hit effects? I remember there were certain monsters in MH that would just get wrecked by poison

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bussamove posted:

Do passive Mitama bonuses stack with each other? Like if I have two Mitama with Attack Level 1, will I get a bonus from both, or just once and the second is overwritten? I'm finally getting to the point in the main story where I can really start customizing their skills, and I need to know just how min-maxy I can be.

Edit: Decided to test it out for myself and equip some with multiple Stamina Level 2 and compared health with both, one, and neither, it looks like they do indeed stack with each other. So if anyone else was wondering, there it is!

I learned that in the demo tutorial. It said the passives bonuses are active but only one set of abilities.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just killed my 1st terragrinder and im still not sure what weapon I like. Spear was awesome since it countered his charges perfectly. Does a charged circle do more than a charged square and its follow up?

How do I get the most damage out of bow? I have been doing the lvl3 curse shot then 1 or 2 fully charged normal shots.
When is quick nock better to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flytrap posted:

So I decided to try out the demo and it's kinda fun actually. Also I've gotten attached to the longsword which is weird since I usually latch onto the weirder weapons. Something about the longsword just feels right.

definitely try out the other weapons before you start committing resources to upgrades. Longsword is great, but the other weapons are pretty cool too.

• Locked thread