Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Wow! Great OP!

Emalde posted:

If you do not purify these after a long enough time, the demon will reclaim it, and in a few cases this will result in the demon transforming it into a different kind of limb. This often makes them stronger, but that limb will now yield different materials as well.

How did I not know this? Thanks!

I encourage anyone with a Vita to try the demo. It's an extremely well executed monster hunter clone(even down to the sounds! I imagine Capcom's lawyers must be sharpening their fangs). I couldn't get into Soul Sacrifice but this game pulled me in right from the start. It'll probably take you about 3-4 hours to finish all the missions in the demo. That's longer gameplay than some of the games I paid money for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
If anyone is worried about the item limit, it's unlocked immediately to 99 in the full game. I didn't do any missions to unlock. drat this game is addictive. I've been playing the vita for 3 hours straight and then had to plug in the vita to charge and played for another 2 hours attached to the charger.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Bussamove posted:

So yeah, Jollux. Was not expecting that particular turn of events.

I've also converted over to bow pretty much completely, fists got left in the dust when I did a marathon play session with a buddy of mine. They're neat and all, but having practically no vertical range when every oni so far has had breaks quite high up their bodies is a problem. Especially when they always fall on a particular part and it clips into the ground when they get knocked down. (Windshredder! :argh:)

I love this game but it sucks that only 3 weapons can consistently break all parts on the larger Onis. The dual swords, the spear and the bow. I guess its not much of a problem since this game emphasizes teamwork but I really hope they improve the balance of the weapons in the sequel. While playing dual swords, all I could think of was how cool if they could incorporate Dragon's Dogma monster climbing system in here.

• Locked thread