Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
Any tips on timing the critical strikes on the gauntlets? I'm trying to get the timing down but my success rate is never as high as when I just mash the button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

Awesome! posted:

I just miss having a farm with slave cats personally. Would be a good use for all this goddamn soil. I'm sure jollux has some barroth-level dung to provide too. Needing to go farm loving hercudromes or whatever can gently caress right off though.

I've only ever played MH:FU but watching the little cat dudes flip the gently caress out when they made me dinner may have been my favourite part of the game.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

scissorman posted:

Now that it seems that some of you have finished the game's story, what weapons did you prefer?

At some point I went pretty much all spear with spirit mitamas. I can jump to reach most spots and still do decent damage on the ground. With the spirit mitama I'll usually aim a spear hit at whatever body part gives me the most trouble and use eruption and pursuit to blast it off. Between that and the occasional use of the power throwing spear attack when its ready I find I can get all the parts of pretty much anything. My mitama build has +damage, +use and time reduction for eruption, which helps. I like the spear for a nice combination of power and agility, generally speaking.

The only Oni I used a bow for regularly was Jollux/Edam as I had a hard time hitting the back spines and the horns only with the spear (to set them up for eruption). After hitting the horns on a jump I usually hit another body part on the way down.

• Locked thread