Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm planning on getting this via PSN, which I guess means there's no way to get the preorder bonuses? Doesn't look like anywhere is selling digital codes for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

When I'm upgrading a weapon, does it matter whether or not I fortify it before upgrading? I've got a Crimson Spear +2 that I can make into a Blueblaze Spear, but should I fortify it to +9 first, or does no benefit carry over?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Is there a way to cycle through lock-on targets for individual body parts? Up until now I've been using the manual aim on the sickle to try and point at a part to lock on to, but that's a bit frustrating. The normal cycle method doesn't seem to work for me.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

That's too bad, but at least it means I haven't spent hours doing it the hard way for no reason. It also just occurred to me playing this evening that I could claw with my right hand so I can hold down square for manual aim and actually aim with the right stick instead of relying on strafing...

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Otherworldly Debris is safe to sell, right? It's the Ancient Coin of postgame?

Edit: Also, does anyone know what patronage value I need to hit gold? Is there anything higher than that?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm not sure about the materials, but higher patronage does get more weapons and armor. So far I haven't seen anything that I can't also craft.

Looking at a Japanese wiki, patronage levels are at 2000, 6000, and 30000. Someone on GameFAQs said they're over 30k and don't have gold, but I think it's also dependent on story progression.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Try using a DCT mitama and/or bringing the ninja with you. DCT gets a couple uses of a stun trap that will keep them in place at least for a little bit. I'm not sure if it locks Terragrinder underground if it hits while under though.

In the second form, once you've taken off a couple parts (I think the flippers, but it might be the feet), it'll start landing on the ground after a jump instead of getting back underground, which will also give you a few seconds to hit it some more.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I've skipped that mission and I'm already done pretty much all the missions in chapters six and seven and I still don't think I'm ready to handle any of the solo missions from The King and I onward, for the same reason.

I know equipment goes up to rank 9 but for some reason I haven't seen the option to create/upgrade weapons or armor past rank 6, and even that I've only gotten recently. I think I've fought the second version of most large oni at this point, so I'm not sure what components I wouldn't have seen yet. Do I need something that only drops in the online missions? Or am I stuck hunting for golden souls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd assume the Mitama weapons are the higher ranked ones. Unless that's horribly wrong?
The mitama weapons are rank 9, I'm missing 7-8. I just found a guide on GameFAQs in a Google doc though, and this one has the weapon recipes that were missing from the one I'd looked at previously. Guess tonight I'll have to go hunting for the rest of those components.

• Locked thread