Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Someone asked before but will go ahead and shoot again, how much content is in this thing and are the maps interesting enough?

I played MH3U as my first foray into the series and really loved it so was going for clones or things that felt similar. Ragnarok Odyssey sucked total rear end and I couldn't stand how boring it was and I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice but found it somewhat short (and the arena's while interesting felt to confined/lifeless to play in)

Just kinda nervous now about the hunting monsters genre as I don't wanna get a game and surprise there's only like 10 monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just squashed a giant spider and not sure how I feel on the game. On one hand I'm using fists which I've always loved in games and for a monster hunter "inspired" game it felt surprisingly good even if I don't understand the timing on the link hits but... I don't feel like it's all that difficult so far despite getting KO'd (and revived) once during the spider fight, I haven't made any new weapons or armor yet and was still able to do well. I was surprised with how much of a clone this is that the spider didn't try to retreat and make me chase after it but I guess that's one of the least important things.

Haven't had a chance to play online yet, is there more content in the demo? Or is online just killing that spider forever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Emalde posted:

If anyone else has the game, get in the IRC~

Also, apparently if you opt not to import the demo data on start up, you don't get the opportunity to do it ever again so make sure you wrap up everything you want to in the demo first.

E: To claim your actual equipment from preorder DLC, you just have to check your letters in your home. There is a bonus if you managed to play the demo online with 3 other people, you get the Pink Tenko Mask.

What that's bullshit. I played the demo with numerous people and I didn't get anything :sigh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Holy poo poo I'm mad at this thing. Waited for a few friends to get it and now that all 3 of us have it we can't play a single map online which is insane because the demo had no problems at all. Is this the absolute worst netcode in the world or something?

We spent a good part of a hour joining a lobby, and upon starting the mission it would randomly give me a message saying "not all players are ready" and freeze them on a loading screen. We'd restart the game hundreds of times and nothing- then my game hard crashed with a error report, the next attempt my friends game hard crashed.

What on earth is going on because our net isn't this bad, and I'm feeling like I wasted my money right now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

kirbysuperstar posted:

We did have that happen once or twice in the demo.. Have you all got your Vitas set with static IPs and set to DMZ in your router? You shouldn't have to do that, but it might be worth looking into.

Also you're all patched up, right? It shouldn't let you onto PSN without it, but who knows.

Yeah we've all got the latest patch and routers are set. I just don't get what's going on, any combination of two of us can play but if 3 of us try together it just breaks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yo can I get some advice for Terragrinder? Just got to his singleplayer mission and he kept one shotting me once he went crazy and I spent a good 15 minutes just following him around trying to punch him getting mad as hell.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was using Blazebird +7 armor and some Oni Buster generic gauntlets I made combined with a DCT Mitama so... maybe that's why I was getting oneshot by his giant leap in phase 2? I'm not sure.

Decided to hang up the gauntlets for him and try out the bow myself, and while it's much much slower to take him down being out of harms way 90% of the time sure increased my survivability!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope more options for weapons open up. I made the blazebird bow for Terragrinder and literally next big Oni it's yet another fire bow "but with more damage" while I haven't had a chance to make any other water bows or anything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So what's a suggested load out for the mission The King and I? I like finishing all the chapter missions before moving onto the new chapter and started at him with my trusty bow and SPT mitama, broke literally everything on him and around halfway through the clock checked his HP and... it was barely dented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Armor-Piercing posted:

I've skipped that mission and I'm already done pretty much all the missions in chapters six and seven and I still don't think I'm ready to handle any of the solo missions from The King and I onward, for the same reason.

I know equipment goes up to rank 9 but for some reason I haven't seen the option to create/upgrade weapons or armor past rank 6, and even that I've only gotten recently. I think I've fought the second version of most large oni at this point, so I'm not sure what components I wouldn't have seen yet. Do I need something that only drops in the online missions? Or am I stuck hunting for golden souls?

I'd assume the Mitama weapons are the higher ranked ones. Unless that's horribly wrong?

• Locked thread