Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
I just got the demo and I'm liking it so far, then again I played both MH3 and Soul Sacrifice, so that was to be expected.
Lock-On and viewing the enemy's health are really nice to have but the village seems not quite as lively as in MH but maybe that'll change later.

I do however have some questions for the US goons who have spent more time with the game.

How does the bow compare to the other weapons damage-wise?
Also, is there any weapon clearly better than the others?
From the short time I spent with the game, it seems the bow is a bit weaker than the melee weapons but it should obviously be easier to shoot hard-to-reach parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Are these pre-orders US only or do they also apply to the EU version?
Because I don't see any bonuses listed on the amazon.de page.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
How is the AI?
While I like that you get AI companions, I played Soul Sacrifice and against the higher-level monsters the stupid AI was no help at all.

Also, how viable is it to solo the end/post-game?
Again, in Soul Sacrifice I just got stuck at a particular post-game boss (some werewolf-thing, I think?), so I never finished that.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

kirbysuperstar posted:

For the EU, the PSN preorder bonuses will be the same as Amazon US' stuff, when it eventually goes up.

When does the digital preorder typically become available?
I'm thinking of pre-ordering it via Amazon, so I'd like to compare the price and see what the bonus is, but I have yet to see any info about the PSN version on the playstation blog.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

kirbysuperstar posted:

PSN preorder is up now - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-au/games/toukiden-the-age-of-demons-psn/cid=EP4108-PCSB00478_00-B000000000000950(AU page, but it should redirect you to UK/EU)

JB Hifi's page for it still isn't up, six days out from release and they're the sole retailer for the physical version here in Australia.

:thumbsup:

Thanks!
I really would have preferred the "double materials" mitama but that should be available later, right?
Do the cat ears do anything or is it just a silly promotional item?

Edit: I just looked around and you can apparently get the other mitama by pre-ordering from the UK retailer HAME: http://www.game.co.uk/en/toukiden-270332

scissorman fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Now that it seems that some of you have finished the game's story, what weapons did you prefer?

I'm mainly using Short Swords now but I started with the bow; I switched after I found that the bow's damage output just isn't that great, which was a problem in solo missions.
However, I just killed my first Viper Queen and I noticed that some spots are really hard to reach even if you use the jump; additionally, sometimes the camera makes dodging the larger attacks almost impossible.
So I'm considering switching back to the bow and I'd like to ask if you use just one strong bow or do you maintain multiple bows to target elemental weaknesses?

• Locked thread