Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ADullMin posted:

Can't you play online with others even if you don't have their PSN?

Yep, sure can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

For the EU, the PSN preorder bonuses will be the same as Amazon US' stuff, when it eventually goes up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Does anyone who has played the Japanese full release know if some of the online stuff got ironed out a little? Such as making weapons/armour without leaving, etc?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

scissorman posted:

When does the digital preorder typically become available?

PSN preorder is up now - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-au/games/toukiden-the-age-of-demons-psn/cid=EP4108-PCSB00478_00-B000000000000950(AU page, but it should redirect you to UK/EU)

JB Hifi's page for it still isn't up, six days out from release and they're the sole retailer for the physical version here in Australia.

:thumbsup:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

And sixty bucks to boot. Blehh no thanks. As much as I prefer physical copies...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

dPB posted:

I'm in Australia so...yeah. Or do we have our own separate PSN? I just assumed EU because we always get lumped with them.

It's the same as EU unless there's an item that wasn't avaiable to us because of OFLC (i.e., Corpse Party). However, the page for Toukiden on the EU/AU store says it comes out this week, so..

And yeah I just noticed the 27th date on the JB page too. And for whatever reason, Tecmo Koei EU and Mindscape struck an exclusive deal with JB Hifi for this, so EB etc won't get it at all. Cool beans!

:bravo:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Awesome! posted:

I saw a post somewhere that said the EU demo people got it for completing the demo and the US got it for data transferring (playing online) with three people.

For what it's worth, I have the EU demo/game, did all I could in the demo and only played with two people online and got the mask.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fun little thing I didn't realise until I poked through the manual, when doing chain-sickle's air combo stuff, you can not only use Hit & Away, but also use your Destroyer move, which freezes you in the air to aim it. Springing up to Jollux' face, using Destroyer and knocking off his spines and both arms at once was incredible satisfying.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, you can also take clones of people you've played with, which is neat if you're on your lonesome or can't get wifi or something.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Steelwing is a real fucker and doing that carpet bomb move five times in a row is a little annoying. On the other hand, I now have big goofy wings on my back, so it kinda evens out.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sadly no, you can only cycle between monsters, not parts.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I usually end up clawing the left hand and using the d-pad to aim it, myself.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

We did have that happen once or twice in the demo.. Have you all got your Vitas set with static IPs and set to DMZ in your router? You shouldn't have to do that, but it might be worth looking into.

Also you're all patched up, right? It shouldn't let you onto PSN without it, but who knows.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Emalde posted:

As somebody who will only ever use Gauntlets against Terragrinder, I think they're probably the best option.

Look at this guy who hasn't chain-jumped onto Terragrinder as he's sailing through the air.

:dukedog:

Also when you pull him out of the ground, go for the legs first. If one's broken then he'll periodically flounder instead of diving right back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh yeah, the damage of the grab isn't going to do poo poo, it's just hilarious is all. I have no trouble using kusarigama for him in general, but it does make his second phase kind of.. yeah. Either way, I deal with it, I guess.

• Locked thread