Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Griffypoo
Aug 6, 2013

Six Of Spades posted:

Oh, well I meant more like if there are Mitamas or weapons that are good at status infliction, but if it's not that type of game then that's fair (albeit a shame).

Fists are the only weapon that can consistently apply a debuff usable by everyone else. Their triangle attacks will light up whatever part they hit and cause the part to take increased damage. I wouldn't recommend them for a support build, though, because you basically need to be in the thick of it, fighting constantly to really make use of them. I think the bow makes for a good support weapon because it keeps you safely out of AoE range and allows you to hit awkwardly placed parts like Jollux's and Terragrinder's spikes at any time.

Six Of Spades posted:

In MH3U I was a career support and a hunting horn fiend. Obviously there's no horn here, but I'm loving the sickle and chain's crowd control abilities. What would be considered as the 'support build' in this game?

For Mitama:

Healing is a pretty standard one. No major surprises there, you just heal stuff and regen peoples' stamina.

Deceit is an option for a more debuff based support. They can either weaken enemy defense, set down a field of invisibility for allies, or set down a stun field that makes any monsters that walk into it paralyzed for a while.

Spirit is a good option if you want to focus on damaging parts. All spirit abilities deal damage to the last place you hit, so you could light up a difficult part and break it fairly easily afterward.

Space is another option. Its weak ability lets you warp around the battlefield. Second ability sets down a purification circle that stays without your intervention. You can use it to pick up those big parts that drop off without putting your teammates in danger. Third ability is a vortex that pulls in any nearby enemies and damages them over time. Lasts a long time, but enemies can still attack while inside it.

See if any of that floats your boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread