Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I know this sounds kind of dumb, but how are they allowed to make a game that is pretty much identical to Monster Hunter in every single way? I'm kinda surprised Capcom can't stop other devs from doing stuff like that. I loved the demo but it's really the exact same thing as MH except with demons instead of dinosaurs and poo poo

Pretty sure you can make games as similar as you want as long as they don't literally use the same assets. Back in the day Capcom lost a court case against Data East (if I remember correctly), trying to sue them because of how similar World Heroes was to Street Fighter 2. And that was against a game that had an end boss who dressed and looked almost exactly like M. Bison.

Any ETA on the demo for us Euro types yet?

VVV It's already updated and I don't see it. :(

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh hey, I see it now. Had to search for it though, didn't appear on either the latest list or in the demo section for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Demo was pretty fun, I'm adding everyone in the google doc.

• Locked thread