Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Koesj posted:

Atlanta Bergamo

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Surely Atalanta Atlanta would be better.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Surely Atalanta Atlanta would be better.
Atlanta Atalanta Atlantis FC

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Crazy Ted posted:

Atlanta Atalanta Atlantis FC

Their website looks like it was vomited out of the early 00's

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Supposedly this is an official change from next year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

XBenedict posted:

Not bad, much better than the current monstrosity.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I like it. Good modernization of the centennial logo, which should be the normal logo.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

XBenedict posted:

There is something that feels a little generic about it, but overall I like it and it's far better than what we have now.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Lamont Cranston posted:

There is something that feels a little generic about it, but overall I like it and it's far better than what we have now.

I understand what you're saying. It's too "of this time" and in a few years it's going to look as dated as the current badge.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
There's no way that will look as dated a the clip art soccer ball badge.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

XBenedict posted:

Love it. Simple/modern/not clip-art

In a few decades it may look dated.. but it still looks great so whatever.

Looks like I'll finally buy a USMNT kit

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

XBenedict posted:

TBH, I actually like this concept better. https://medium.com/@m_willis/identity-sketches-for-u-s-soccer-327ef320009f

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why is it an evil clown

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

oliwan posted:

Why is it an evil clown

It is meant to represent America

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

uh.
a bit too close to this-

and this-

and also looks bad.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

the escape goat posted:

uh.
a bit too close to this-

Not so much.

If you read the article, it was one of his inspirations, so...yeah.

the escape goat posted:

and also looks bad.

Better than what we gotz.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

XBenedict posted:

If you read the article, it was one of his inspirations, so...yeah.

if by "article" you mean "jerking off about nothing for the length of John Galt's speech", sure.

can't decide if this crest is kind of adorable or if it should be a logo for some sort of feminine product-

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
The :sweden: top league Allsvenskan just finished so I thought I'd post some Swedish logos. I'll post them in the order they finished.

1: IFK Norrköping

Historical powerhouse, but nobody expected Norrköping to do much noise. Instead they emerged the winners, first title in decades. The crest is a common one. There's loads of IFK clubs in Sweden (and a few in the rest of Scandinavia), started in a youth drive during the growth of organised sports about a century ago. Most IFK clubs use the same badge, and play in blue/white stripes.

2: IFK Göteborg

The other IFK team is arguably the most successful club in Sweden, with two European titles in the 80s. They don't use the normal IFK badge because they're ~*special*~. The logo is based on the heraldic arms of the city of Gothenburg.

3: AIK

Stockholm-based club with the worst fans. The badge is pretty nice though.

4: IF Elfsborg

This Borås club was the first to win the title while playing on artificial turf in 2006.

5: Malmö FF

Won the last two titles, and are playing in the champions league.

6: Djurgårdens IF

The name means "the animal farm". Since they're from Stockholm, nobody likes them.

7: BK Häcken

Young and small club from Gothenburg that nobody really cares about. Not much of a rivalry with anyone, despite several other local Gothenburg clubs and the usual heavy rivalry between Gothenburg and Stockholm teams. Arranges the world's largest youth tournament Gothia Cup each year. Still, to be a Häcken fan is to be lonely (which is probably why they're my team).
Also, Häcken means "the hedge", as it's named after a hedgerow. Häcken also means "the butt", which is always good for a giggle, and gives opposing fans something to chant about. There's also a local rival called GAIS. Yes, GAIS have played The Butt.

8: Helsingborgs IF

Trained by Celtic legend Henrik Larsson. His son plays striker for them. Otherwise mediocre, as I think they're trying to recover from a bit of financial problems.

9: Örebro SK

45 seasons in the top flight, but no title. Have a participation award.

10 Gefle IF

Gävle-based club is old as balls but has never won the league.

11: Hammarby IF

Stockholm club that somehow manages to be both likeable and popular. Really popular. Like drawing 30.000 fans to games in our second tier league last year. This year they set spectator records, and all other clubs envy them for their fans.

12: GIF Sundsvall

The only decent northern club. First club to play on artificial turf. Got a game moved for the most bizarre reason ever. One of their players reached the final (and won) of tv talent show "Idol 2013", which clashed with a home game.

13: Kalmar FF

Have been Swedish champions once.

14: Falkenbergs FF

Only their second season in the top league ever. Will have to play a play-off to stay up.

15: Halmstads BK

Has the worst logo in Sweden. Relegated.

16: Åtvidabergs FF

Nope, not a women's team, the logo draws its design from the symbol for copper. It's also found on the city coat of arms, as it used to be a mining town. Smallest city (7000) to ever win the top league. Relegated.

R.S. Gumby fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 31, 2015

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I presume most Swedes are aware that other colours exist apart from blue and yellow

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
...and here's the clubs that earned promotion:

1: Jönköpings Södra IF

The last time they played in allsvenskan was in the sixties.

2: Östersunds FK

What the hell? Tiny northern club not old enough to buy a beer comes out of nowhere to play top level football, much to the surprise of everyone.
Might actually have a worse logo than Halmstad.

---

3: IK Sirius

Will meet Falkenberg in a play-off for a spot in allsvenskan. From Uppsala.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I went to an AIK vs Djurgården match in 2009 and I had a great time. I'm an American that lived in Sweden in 2001-2002 and fell in love with soccer over there watching the Allsvenskan, the 2002 World Cup, and playing FIFA with friends. Freddie Ljungberg, Henrik Larsson and Zlatan were my first exposure to "world class players" and would always overpay to get them on my teams in championship manager.

I guess I'm saying I'm a big American nerd that loves Swedish football so thanks for that awesome post. I wish we got Swedish football on TV over here.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
You're welcome. And yeah, I can imagine it being hard to follow such a tiny league over there. But if you're curious, here's the good and bad.

The bad: The Swedish national team is very bad and will probably miss the Euros. We have a playoff against Denmark, and I don't hold us as favorites.

The good: It seems a lot of clubs have started to rely more on developing their own players, and doing a better job of it, rather than buying some hyped nonames from south america. As a result we won the Euro U-21 and qualified for the Olympics, and Malmö has made it to the Champion's league twice in a row, and I have an impression of the overall quality of football in allsvenskan being up lately, all hopefully part of a general upwards trend.

And because it's the badge thread, have the Swedish badge:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Does Malmö have a historically Jewish tradition or is the Star of David just for fun?

Also lol that my phone adds the umlaut.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
I tried to look it up, which wasn't easy. The star itself was supposedly taken from Malmö's oldest city seal, from the 14th century. Still, there is a Jewish connection: They have a legendary former chairman who helped to evacuate Jews from Denmark as the Nazis invaded. He's the one who later added the city name and the star to the original badge to make it stand out.

They also play with a gold star above the badge on their jerseys, as they've been Swedish champions 18 times. They briefly played with two stars (for 20+ wins), as they counted a few league wins in years the actual title was decided by a playoff (which they didn't win). A rival club sent them a maths book, and some doofus filed charges for false marketing, until the Swedish FA told them to remove one.

R.S. Gumby fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 31, 2015

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Elfsborg and IFK lookin pretty nifty

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

R.S. Gumby posted:

13: Kalmar FF

Have been Swedish champions once.

nice pants

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Update for the sake of update.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

XBenedict posted:

Update for the sake of update.

wow an MLS time finally made their badge worse

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's basically a wash, I think. I like the black/white version of the badge on that t-shirt more than the colored one. The implementation of the DC flag is nice, and they got rid of what was by far the worst part of the old badge, the lettering.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 10, 2015

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Alain Post posted:

the worst part of the old badge, the lettering.

It's not better, only different.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Yup...that looks like a crest optimized to be a twitter avatar.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's rather cliparty, but I'll take it over the current shite

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jesus Christ these loving american soccer teams and their awful shields.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

This is nice. Is it real?

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

sweek0 posted:

This is nice. Is it real?

coming 2018

the other colour will be red piping or something

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

They pulled the wing off of the Palermo crest :(

• Locked thread