Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Late night network tv: arguing over who gets to inherit the newspaper and land line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i wanna see him do clueless gamer

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

When I was little I didn't know Leno was an actual late-night talk show host; I grew up watching Letterman because my mother would tape him every night and we would watch it together the next day. So when I would see Leno in movies where they wanted a little 'current events' style verisimilitude I thought he was an actor film studios would hire to do a talk show host shtick. It was years before I found out that he wasn't a lame parody.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'm kind of excited to see Seth Meyers on late night because the guy's acidic humour could really work out.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The Tonight Show is godawful, but holy poo poo is Jay Leno's Garage amazing.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
There is smoke coming out of the world trade center, you wouldn't know anything about that would you kev?

Aw no jay I don't know anything about that.

The firefighters said it smelled kinda like weed up there

aw you got me jay.

gregday
May 23, 2003

For me Leno will always be the substitute for Carson when he took a night off.

Although this is okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY4jS9ZAGfs

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Fallon is funnier than Conan.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

The Tonight Show is godawful, but holy poo poo is Jay Leno's Garage amazing.

it's getting lovely and full of advertising stupid things and old people nobody cares about

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

psymonkey posted:

Conan at his best is better than fallon ever hopes to be, sadly those days are long past and now he just kinda makes funny voices in front of an audience of sycophants

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

BetterTasteThnU posted:

Man I wasn't ready for the level of edge in GBS tonight.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I will never stop loving Jay Leno for his part in turning Bill Hicks into a crying buttlord.

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I will never stop loving Jay Leno for his part in turning Bill Hicks into a crying buttlord.

I don't think this ever happened.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

whats the story here

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
headline: op is gay

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

does anyone else get the impression that jimmy fallon managed to walk in on everyone associated with him fisting themselves or something else embarrassing? all's he does on air is act so awkward that everyone wants to cringe and get away but they put on a 'oh isnt he adorable' smirk instead. at least jay has air of 'don't give a poo poo' about him.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Feral Integral posted:

does anyone else get the impression that jimmy fallon managed to walk in on everyone associated with him fisting themselves or something else embarrassing? all's he does on air is act so awkward that everyone wants to cringe and get away but they put on a 'oh isnt he adorable' smirk instead. at least jay has air of 'don't give a poo poo' about him.
I think he has the best late night show so I guess I disagree with you.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
Craig Ferguson is better than all the rest of them combined.

The fact that he doesn't even give a poo poo about why the celebrity is there is awesome. No pandering about stupid poo poo like a movie or album coming out, just balls out insanity.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Conan for life you sons of bitches.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Jay Leno beat Hollywood Hogan.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

bathroom sounds posted:

I think he has the best late night show so I guess I disagree with you.

please, admit no more :barf:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Larry the Cable Guy isn't very funny.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

psymonkey posted:

Everybody is funnier than Conan. Conan is the perfect example of someone who should've never left the writers' room.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Irish Joe posted:

Everybody is funnier than Conan. Conan is the perfect example of someone who should've never left the writers' room.

even if hes not that funny, at least conan's facade makes it seem like he doesn't really have a facade and seems like a pretty dte (down to earth) guy

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Feral Integral posted:

even if hes not that funny, at least conan's facade makes it seem like he doesn't really have a facade and seems like a pretty dtf (down to gently caress) guy

you're taking this to kind of a weird place right now

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How about that Carrot Top eh?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Jimmy Fallon is a dumb goofy white guy. He embraces his dumb goofy white guy. He isn't smart and goofy or bizarre and goofy or anything that might be inaccessible. He's just dumb and goofy, and everyone can relate to being dumb and goofy. Even when coming from a white guy.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

The Tao Jones posted:

you're taking this to kind of a weird place right now

you're right, conan would probably be dtf (down to gently caress) more than the other two, also.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
I've never seen his stand-up, but the reason a lot of comedians hate him is not because he's talentless, but because he has a lot of talent as a comedian but basically stopped using it and became lazy and complacent after getting his show, perfectly content to fart out 'topical' half-jokes tailored toward the lowest common denominator that composes most of his audience.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Box of Trial posted:

I've never seen his stand-up, but the reason a lot of comedians hate him is not because he's talentless, but because he has a lot of talent as a comedian but basically stopped using it and became lazy and complacent after getting his show, perfectly content to fart out 'topical' half-jokes tailored toward the lowest common denominator that composes most of his audience.

That was a big point of Bill Hicks rant on Jay Leno. He knew Leno personally and hated seeing him become what he had become.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

That was a big point of Bill Hicks rant on Jay Leno. He knew Leno personally and hated seeing him become what he had become.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Shut up about Bill Hicks already. What an overhyped piece of poo poo.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
The crazy thing about Leno is that even older comedians who think he's a hack nowadays will talk about how fresh and funny he was when he was a young comic. It's hard to think of Letterman and Leno as once great stand-up comics.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

liking comedians is like showing people youtubes you think are funny

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bathroom sounds posted:

The crazy thing about Leno is that even older comedians who think he's a hack nowadays will talk about how fresh and funny he was when he was a young comic. It's hard to think of Letterman and Leno as once great stand-up comics.

Comedians will praise Jerry Seinfeld like his stand up was the greatest of all time.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking
pointing out jay leno as a hack is staler than the poo poo he drags out.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking
this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzXHwp2rsU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Comedians will praise Jerry Seinfeld like his stand up was the greatest of all time.
Same with Larry David. Even Tim Allen was apparently a great act at some point.

I only know Roseanne Barr from her show, I can't imagine her as the trailblazing comic she apparently was.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
Judd Apatow's Leno is the best Leno.

http://youtu.be/C_EWVsQsbtQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
he was funny in the 80's I've heard. I hope this helps

• Locked thread