Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

rand posted:

i'm 23% body fat. is that fat

are you a boy or a girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

if you ask if you're fat, you're fat.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm 100% PHAT

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
I was fat, but now I'm not. So hooray.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My hot HS friend told me she put on like 50lbs and I can't even imagine what that looks like other than sadness :smith:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

My hot HS friend told me she put on like 50lbs and I can't even imagine what that looks like other than sadness :smith:

maybe it's 50lbs of muscle!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Americans are so obese as a country that we have to continually lie to ourselves and say that fat is beautiful even though we all know that's untrue and it's deeply cynical to keep pretending. We have to perpetuate myths like Marilyn Monroe being a size 14 or w/e when it's our own fatness that has contributed to land whales now being able to fit in an 8 for fear of hurting their fat feelings.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

vyst posted:

I lost 200 pounds in 2013. What have you faggots done?

Got my bench-press up to 200.

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Don Tacorleone posted:

I'm 100% PHAT

One time I was at an amusement park as a kid and this other kid came up to me and he was all like "hey your moms fat" and I was like "what'd you say?" And he was like "your mom is fat. P h a t fat." And that was how my brother was conceived.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

NoneSuch posted:

it makes me loving angry when poeple call veg veggies

gently caress you

its always fat middle aged women who say this. or australians, i don't know what the gently caress is wrong with australians they talk like toddlers

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?
Michelle Obama doesn't want me to be fat; who am I to argue with the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Personally I cut out soda altogether and it's made a world of difference. I craved it pretty strongly for a couple weeks but after that it didn't hold much sway over me.

I don't get diet soda. Soda is purely for pleasure and diet soda tastes bad. People claim to get used to it but if you have to get used to something you're doing purely for pleasure why bother?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
that other thread reminds me: take the stairs if it's only a couple of floors. if you get into the habit of doing that at work and at home it adds up to a lot of burnt calories

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
also: dance when you go out. you may look ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the fat sperglord that ogles girls from the side of the dancefloor.

dancing also sometimes results in sex which burns hella calories

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
Pro Tip for Chronic Masturbators: Tie weights around your fleshlight so you can burn while you churn.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

DisposableHero posted:

Personally I cut out soda altogether and it's made a world of difference. I craved it pretty strongly for a couple weeks but after that it didn't hold much sway over me.

I don't get diet soda. Soda is purely for pleasure and diet soda tastes bad. People claim to get used to it but if you have to get used to something you're doing purely for pleasure why bother?

Diabetic. No choice. Sucked as a kid when well meaning people told me I wasn't fat so I didn't need to drink it and tried to force a regular soda on me. Hated it at first, like it now. Try not to really drink any of it though. Water is better and free.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Luvcow posted:

Diabetic. No choice. Sucked as a kid when well meaning people told me I wasn't fat so I didn't need to drink it and tried to force a regular soda on me. Hated it at first, like it now. Try not to really drink any of it though. Water is better and free.

The diabetus is a valid reason. Or I'm assuming it is as I know very little about it. Not everyone sucking down diet soda is diabetic though.

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax
There have been studies done that show aspartame and artificial sweeteners increase your chance for getting liver cancers and cancer in general. But they're relatively new studies and they were done in Italy so take them with a grain of salt sugar.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
Yeah whatever replace aspartame with corn syrup and you'll do a lot worse. Italy also jailed a bunch of geologists because they failed to predict an earthquake.

naem
May 29, 2011

Coke zero comes in cherry and vanilla flavor and its loving delicious

The vanilla one tastes like liquid cake, keep one around to fend off sugar it works p good

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax

ILL ON PZONES posted:

Yeah whatever replace aspartame with corn syrup and you'll do a lot worse. Italy also jailed a bunch of geologists because they failed to predict an earthquake.

Well Harvard did a study that showed that because of the chemical makeup of high fructose corn syrup you gain more weight with high fructose corn syrup than you do with equal amounts of sugar. Like they gave rats equal amounts of both things and the ones with high fructose corn syrup were fatter.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

vyst posted:

didnt be a fat gently caress in the first place

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DisposableHero posted:

The diabetus is a valid reason. Or I'm assuming it is as I know very little about it. Not everyone sucking down diet soda is diabetic though.
Considering how fat the West has gotten, many of them probably are without knowing it, or are on their way there. In that case, maybe diet soda helps as well?

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax

vyst posted:

If I lost 200 pounds id be -55 pounds.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

It's not that hard to lose weight.

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011
I had a period where I always went between slim and overweight, but I got over it by just really paying attention to the calorie values of my meals.

Since then I give myself a calorie budget of 1800 calories per day. I never make it, on average, because I drink too much beer. But when I go shopping for groceries I just calculate the calorie intake and go with that. Of course I sometimes go over it (on barbecues and parties etc) but all in all that has worked out for me pretty well so far. What helps is that I always only go shopping for a day and my natural laziness prevents me then from getting more food even if I still have appetite.

That reminds me: Is it mandatory in the U.S. to show calorie values on food packaging?

edit: I have stayed between 70-75 kg (155-165 lbs) at 1.79m for the last 5 years.

edit2: Oh btw, if you start with actually looking at the calories that sodas have and actually want to budget your calorie intake you will be faced with the decision of having a decent meal or just to eat carrots and drinking a mountain dew with that. DRINKING fat is just stupid.

demonicon fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 31, 2014

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

can we get a forum filter that automatically converts metric units to merican? props to you for doing it for me!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

newreply.php posted:

also: dance when you go out. you may look ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the fat sperglord that ogles girls from the side of the dancefloor.

dancing also sometimes results in sex which burns hella calories

I dance all the time on the DDR mats at the local bowling alley.

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Sancho posted:

can we get a forum filter that automatically converts metric units to merican? props to you for doing it for me!

I gotta do this all the time, man, just the other way round. Even got a website bookmarked :(

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I started smoking pot way more than I used to to deal with the pain from my newly found colitis and I have gained about 20 lbs because of it (food is a lot easier to overindulge in if you're high). been skinny all my life and this past year my health has just poo poo all over everything it's horrible. just gonna try and eat more healthy and actually stop eating when i'm full, and also exercise but it's kind of hard to do so whenever I get my heart rate up it seems I just poo poo a torrent of blood everywhere.

nothing more depressing to a girl than when your belly sticks out further than your boobs imo

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

demonicon posted:

I gotta do this all the time, man, just the other way round. Even got a website bookmarked :(
You can just have Google do it for you. Just type (number) kg lbs, or whatever thing you want to convert from and to, and watch the magic happen.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
lols if you can't convert both ways in your head.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Germstore posted:

lols if you can't convert both ways in your head.
that kinda requires us Metric users to remember Imperial measurements, and why the gently caress would we do that?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Troposphere posted:

I started smoking pot way more than I used to to deal with the pain from my newly found colitis and I have gained about 20 lbs because of it (food is a lot easier to overindulge in if you're high). been skinny all my life and this past year my health has just poo poo all over everything it's horrible. just gonna try and eat more healthy and actually stop eating when i'm full, and also exercise but it's kind of hard to do so whenever I get my heart rate up it seems I just poo poo a torrent of blood everywhere.

nothing more depressing to a girl than when your belly sticks out further than your boobs imo

srs, I take breaks from weed every once in a while and it absolutely tanks my appetite to the point where i'll get hungry maybe once or twice a day at most. The trick to not getting fat while high is to realize that eating kills your buzz and that you're wasting weed if you pig out while stoned, works for me at least (for the most part)but it did take a while to break the habit of gorging myself.

sorry about your bleeding organs btw

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

that kinda requires us Metric users to remember Imperial measurements, and why the gently caress would we do that?

The Metric system indeed is superior but I have refrained from ever mentioning it to an American ever since I saw the Simpson Episode where a bunch of crazy Germans were pestering Homer about it constantly

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Troposphere posted:

Its always hard to adopt to a new lifestyle. As I said, my secret is that I always buy for the next day and not more. For example right now I will probably drink a bottle of wine and two beers to go with it, but what I bought for eating are four apples. And before I go out to get more I will rather just go to sleep.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Troposphere posted:

the greatest truth

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

the greatest truth

My ex-girlfriend had the unfortunate trait to gain weight EXCLUSIVELY on her belly. She was infuriated when someone at the airport asked her if she was pregnant

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Dan Marino lost 22lbs on the NutriSystem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Kak posted:

Dan Marino lost 22lbs on the NutriSystem.

What is a nutri system?

• Locked thread