Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Coffee And Pie posted:

When Shaun has to shoot his mum near the end of Shaun of the Dead. And also, everything in the cellar at the end.

That's one of the reasons why Shaun of the Dead is one of my all-time favorite movies. Not only does it dip into some genuinely dramatic moments amidst the comedy, but they do so without it feeling out of place, and then seamlessly return to comedy.

I'm trying to think of a moment from a movie I don't like that kind of lifts it up, but nothing comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

britishbornandbread posted:

The scene from Shallow Hal where he sees the burns victim girl for the first time since the spell on him has been lifted. Hits me like a train.

Oh, good one. Much as the Farrelly brothers can be hit or miss, they have a way of utilizing people who are physically or mentally handicapped in their movies without it being either insensitive or pandering, which is rare.

Keanu Grieves posted:

Surprisingly, the new Jason Friedberg-Aaron Seltzer flick, Best Night Ever, has one. The rest of the movie is pretty lovely (but not quite as lovely as, I imagine, Meet the Spartans or Vampires Suck or Epic Movie), but there is that one moving scene: a bride-to-be is freaking out because she's hiding from the cops in a dumpster with her three bridesmaids, and her best friend quietly sings her favorite song from childhood -- 4 Non Blondes' "What's Up" -- to calm her down. Gradually, the other three join in. And then Friedberg and Seltzer ruin this neat little moment in the worst way imaginable.

I'm morbidly curious. Do they all vomit on each other or get diarrhea? One of them farts? A pile of used diapers gets dumped in with them?

• Locked thread