Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.
I will go to bat for Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle because of that scene where Harold and Kumar sing to Wilson Phillips' "Hold On" after stealing the white bros' awful SUV. It's supposed to be funny but I'm a sucker for a happy, earnest friendship without any homophobic "no homo" bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHwvM8Lw4v0

The series, for all its goofiness (and the super cringeworthy "cockmeat sandwich" opening scene of Escape from Guantanamo Bay), really simply wanted to tell a cute story of two POC friends growing up, growing apart, finding love, cementing their bond, and smoking some good weed in a racist culture. :shobon:

Treguna Mekoides has a new favorite as of 23:12 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.

Cowslips Warren posted:

GalaxyQuest loving owns for this alone, if we ignore everything else that was awesome in that movie.

Not a silly movie overall compared to some Disney ones, but in Wreck-It Ralph, when Ralph watches the other kid racers demolish Vanellope's homemade racer, and does nothing to stop it...until one of the kids throws her in the mud (which happens to him multiple times a day in his own game), and later when he dreamcrushes her attempt to enter the race, and in desperation finally destroys the racer he made with her to keep her safe and alive. The screams and crying from the kid are pretty bad for a Disney flick. poo poo, just the fact he can't even look at her after her cart is in a hundred pieces is pretty bad. You still admire his very blank face while he smashes the thing though. Wrecking stuff is all he does, he breaks apartments every day, but this cart is personal.

I'm 28 and I openly cried at that scene. Holy poo poo, I don't like Sarah Silverman at all, but she did a very good job as Vanellope.

• Locked thread