Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I know a few people must've cried themselves during Underworld: Rise of The Lycans when Viktor executed his pregnant daughter and then cried in anguish in his bedroom. Including me. It made me wonder if he actually allowed Selene to bisect his head at the end of the first movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The movie was Cyborg 2. Protagonist Colton and robo-woman Cash falls in love and they fight the bad guys including Billy Drago. The final scene was Colton and Cash house in the middle of nowhere and he just finished planting a coconut tree. Then it fast forwards decades later where Colton is an old man sitting in front of the same house, the tree now towering above it. He's shivering and Cash, not aging a day, comes out of door and puts a blanket around him. They cuddle together as the camera zooms away and the credits role. It was an incredibly touching scene after all the action that came before it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Odd Thomas, based on the Dean Koontz novel, is a movie about Chekov from Abrams Star Trek seeing dead people and by God he does something about it (including finding the killer and the beating the crap out of him).

Two scenes stuck with me. One was after Odd captures the aforementioned killer of a teenage girl, and Odd says to her ghost that he's sorry her life was so short. She kisses him and then walks away on a swimming pool before fading into her afterlife. Odd just sounds so sad there, but Willem Dafoe comes along soon after to lightens things up a bit. :unsmith:

Then there's the ending where Odd finds out that his girlfriend Stormy, who he has been spending the time with celebrating the foiling of a mass mall murder, has actually been dead the whole time they were together. It's worse when you know it's coming, because if you paid attention Stormy never said a word or interacted with anyone else after Odd sees her at the mall. The final shot of the movie was Odd standing on a hill overlooking Las Vegas, where Stormy was planning on moving to but Odd was reluctant to follow because according to him Vegas is full of bad guys and he might never get a rest there. It's a bitter sweet ending, because Odd narrates that he will eventually see Stormy even if it takes 60 years, but until then he has a lot to do in Vegas.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 08:53 on Mar 20, 2014

• Locked thread