Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
When Shaun has to shoot his mum near the end of Shaun of the Dead. And also, everything in the cellar at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
In honor of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, I really liked this scene from the (in my opinion) underrated The Boat That Rocked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPk6a1mBMuk

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Linus Balto posted:

In 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' when they visit the museum.

The whole scene in the garage at the end, when Cameron has meltdown and kills the car. "He and I will just have a little chat."

DrVenkman posted:

It's totally ridiculous but in Freddy Vs Jason there's one death that the movie sort of slows down to acknowledge. It's a strange moment since most of the deaths in the movie are just done without regard and tossed aside except for that one.

When the geeky kid slowly bleeds out in the woods, after getting thrown into something sharp? Yeah, you're right about that, especially considering the insanity of the next few scenes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Triskelli posted:

I hate this movie for this scene from the darkest pits of my soul. Why the hell am I crying at an Adam Sandler movie. This movie doesn't deserve this.

On the Sandler Spectrum, I would say Click is probably closer to The Wedding Singer than to Jack and Jill, so don't feel too bad.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

How does this forum have a thread about how Michel Bay may be a secret genius but nothing about how Sandler probably actually is a legitimately smart, emotional, guy who realized early that poop and silly voices sell way better?

That's been my theory for years. Then again, I liked Funny People.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Brings a tear to my eye every time.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TrixRabbi posted:

Also, Funny People was 2009. So five years. And he was actually offered the role of the Bear Jew in Inglourious Basterds but had to turn it down due to scheduling conflicts.

Oh, man. If there's one director that could get a great performance out of Sandler, it's Quentin Tarantino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I really want to see Adam Sandler play a mass murderer, a dictator, or a cannibal or something similarly vile with the exact same mannerisms as his comedic persona.

I despise everything he's ever done but that alone would make up for it.

This is basically Danny McBride's character arc in This Is The End, and it's amazing.

• Locked thread