Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
The Hangover, at the end when Stu confronts his girlfriend about her being an awful person etc. The entire scene is quite good but I do love Alan's simple response of "no thank you" when told to get hosed by her. It did make them actually seem like comrades who stuck up and cared for one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

geeves posted:

For me, it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. While I'd argue the whole movie is pretty drat good, the scenes with Splinter and Raphael, Splinter and Danny (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hciTSjAe73Y) and the mystical seance that kickstarts the last act really hit home in a personal way.

I watched the first film again recently and honestly thought that had they made it just a bit more violent and more "teen" rather then "kiddy" they could have made a very classic film that would have been well regarded generally.

It's still a drat good film for its subject matter and really very mature in its subject matter and tone but the fight scenes are just a bit too silly at times to be consistent.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Chas McGill posted:

There are a few scenes that got me in Danny the Dog (Unleashed in the US), which is basically about Bob Hoskins raising Jet Li to be a human attack dog. The whole found-family thing with Morgan Freeman and his adopted daughter was surprisingly sweet in an otherwise dumb-but-entertaining film.

Unleashed was a surprisingly decent film, probably helped by having Bob Hoskins and Morgan Freeman, and the fight scenes were pretty good as well for a western Jet Li movie.

• Locked thread