Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dominic White posted:

Oh yeah, the Wii EDF spinoff - Zangeki No Reginliev - (commonly known as Norse Defense Force) has a translation patch now, if you've got a homebrew'd Wii.

It doesn't do everything, but it makes it clear enough so that you can jump in and start playing without difficulty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4K6hVURpg

ZnR is basically Earth Defense Force with motion controls for really satisfying giant melee weapons and with huge enemies that you can/have to dismember. Apparently it also runs well on Dolphin now, so PC folks can try it too.

Thank you for this, I need more EDF in my life so this is something I absolutely have to try out if I can get it to work.

I've only played EDF a couple of times with two friends, but either one of us knows if anything that even sounds like EDF is said, it's time to descend into EDF quotes for a few minutes. EDF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Look, I enjoy Doom more than any other FPS to date, so I get it, but EDF is basically japan's doom and it owns.

I've never played a Doom, so I wouldn't know, but can you accidentally kill you and your friend at the same time by firing a massive rocket that moves slightly faster than a dead sloth but explodes with force great enough to level several city blocks at a mass of ants but one that you didn't see accidentally walked in front of it and you both said "Oh poo poo no!" but it was too late to stop it in Doom? Because that's the best EDF experience, and it's the only one experience worth having.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I've only really played Ranger and Wing Diver, I may give Fencer a shot this time if I can figure out how to move the drat thing.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Am I reading these posts right in that you can assign EDF sayings and say them whenever you want? Because that is the best feature I've ever heard of.

Also, when it comes to weapon drops in local co-op, is the weapon you select going to be one exclusive to the class the picker-upper is playing, or can it be either class? I usually play Wing Diver with a pal as a Ranger and since Wing Diver mobility is badass I tend to get all the weapon pickups and our rewards end up being mostly Wing Diver weapons. It may just be confirmation bias though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

Local co-op weapons are for whoever picked them up, online co-op it gives everyone a drop for their class.

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind now that I know I really have been hogging the drops. It sucks to not see anything new for your class considering the sheer number of weapons in this game, so it's good to know why that was.