Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
Is the PS3 version going to have online couch coop this time? I picked up the jp version last year and that seemed to be one of the big differences between that and the 360 version, though I'm not sure if that was patched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator

Brackhar posted:

Any word on which console is the primary SKU? I'd imagine 360, but I honestly have no idea. The PAX demo was on 360.

From the jp version it seemed the 360 version was, the ps3 version had a few less features (online couch co-op specifically) which I don't know if they were patched in or not.

Overall the game is amazing, the weapons are super varied and the vehicles are much more usable while still being hot garbage in a good way. I played the fencer mostly and smashing ants with a hammer that shoots earthquakes is quite fun. There's even the buildup since buildings are a bit tougher, but by the end of the campaign you're back to doing more damage to the cities than the bugs. Also there's hornets now.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
After buying the JP version almost a year ago I'm almost sure the US PS3 version somehow has a lower framerate. 2017 dipped down a bit from time to time, but the first air raider artillery shell goes sub frame per second and most online games hover around 10. The loads are still pretty bad (not sure how compared to 360) and I'm kinda surprised they still don't have online coop in that version, but gently caress live.

That said this game is everything I wanted in a sequel, the destructibility where buildings, ants, cars, everything just blows into chunks and physics everywhere. I just kinda want a PC version so it would run above 4 FPS.