Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Anyone know if the US version is region free? I imported the Japanese PS3 version a while ago but would really appreciate a version in english so I can get my melodramatic on and understand it.

e: should clarify, I'm in Australia so I'm wondering if the NTSC version is PAL compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

neurotech posted:

If any Aussies are importing this for the 360 I'd love to know if it works on our consoles.

A bunch of mates and I did this for IA and it didn't work, so I don't think that's how D3 rolls. Can't find any news of a local release either.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

neurotech posted:

Well there this:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/xbox-360/earth-defense-force-2025/696872

I was just hoping to get it a bit earlier via importing. I can wait... I think.

It's saying $90AU to get it in 2-5 working days via Amazon, so the week to get via JB seems like it'll be worth while. Thanks for the heads up!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

neurotech posted:

Have you seen this?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/Earth-Defense-Force-2025/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80244500805

Looks like it's available to buy on demand already? Can any aussies test this? I'm at work until about 9 hours from this post's time.

Yeesh, if it was $50/$60 I'd probably buy it and keep my JB pre-order just so I could play it now, but at $90 for a digital version I'll wait.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Peep that sick slowdown

all my fears have been allayed

e: poo poo, new page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDusIWTaZGM

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Can I just make a note how loving rad it is that the only game I've bought in 2015 to have a full colour manual is Earth fuckin' Defense Force 4.1?

like, the game that needed it the absolute least of any game ever besides maybe Tetris

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
I'm gonna kick off a EDF PS4 goon group, if anyone wants in - hit me up via D43M0N_au_

Community is up, The GDF Deploys.

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 10, 2015

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Deviant posted:

Someone who has the game now create a PSN community! I would but I'm not on enough to approve joins.

I've made The GDF Deploys, it's an open group right now

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Obsurveyor posted:

Oh cool, totally missed your post! I guess I would have figured it out when I tried to create the community. :) Added you on PSN.

Haha all good! Sent you an invite to it as well.I've set the time to US Pacific because I assume that's cool for most - I'm in GMT+10 but have like three weeks of holidays up soon so I'll be playing pretty constantly!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Yeah, I don't if they added that or not, but I don't remember the soldiers calling the bugs "You fuckers!" before.

I've never heard that in any EDF game at all, and haven't yet with the few hours I've put in.

Is there a way to change the audio commands on the touchpad quick select? I just want the entire song and "EDF!" chants.

I also love how this is a 1080p/60FPS remaster but they basically used the extra power to say "yeah let's chuck more bugs in" and frame-rate tanking is still as much a part of the experience as ever :allears:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Obsurveyor posted:

I've seen them try but it just hits the building and stops now.

They definitely can shoot through the rocks in the first underground mission.

Not that it's a worry because if you're not blanketing the area in explosives that throw them outside of range you're doing it wrong

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Obsurveyor posted:

We're talking specifically about the Retarius or however you spell it, the larger banana spiders that sit on webs. In the old version, they used to fling their webs through as many buildings as they wanted. all the way across the map and would end up just dragging you into a wall until you died. It sucked.

Ah, I never had that happen in 2025. I tend to level the stage as much as possible as early as possible.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
In about two or three hours or so I'll be rearing up for an all-nighter AU time if anyone's keen to jump on some Hard/Est runs.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Thanks to Obsurveyor for the hot tip of putting power posts on the Vegalta. My obvious extension of ZER turrets on each leg didn't work quite so well, but thanks!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656EFc-7Edw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhtIWmVRdio

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
insects hate-poor

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTW9PVwjjk

the Stringer J2 sniper rifle for Ranger is a goddamn Hector killing beast and spins drones like no tomorrow.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Where (when?) did you get it? I snagged the lvl 50 version today that hits 6k damage a shot and penetrates targets, but takes 5 seconds of reload per shot.

Am I right in thinking that if I shoot a Hector with that perfectly perpendicular to it such that I hit an arm, both legs, then another arm on the way out that it will be 4x shots hitting, and therefore 4x damage?

I got it around Mission 45ish or so, I think - the one in that clip is under level 30 though, as it only does 3000 damage/5s reload time. I hadn't noticed it penetrating either.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
goty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvi5mRu15Vw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqoW0qhLzbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxRJjosZQgs

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Took the melt buster tank out for a test against shield bearers last night. Turns out that they CAN step on a tank like a building, but there isn't a damage interaction; the physics system panics and throws you and the whole tank across the map. It's repeatable too.

Don't even need to be in a tank.

https://youtu.be/dhtIWmVRdio

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Man the last five missions are harrrrrrd, and also gold ants what the gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJzLKNMfOEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3TY1nsFRtQ

e: seriously this game is why the "share" function of the PS4 exists.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
wing diver is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GcEIxt_IAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxbKKjoUS30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHFEFPxhYY

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Alright, picked up the english version a few days ago, there a list of goons to play with? I notice that all the elitism from 2025 is still alive and well in the online scene.

Yeah, shoot a friend request to D43M0N_au_ and I'll invite you to the goon group if you want. Thanks to A Flying Cake and Samurai Paul for banging heads against the wall of mission 96 for however many hours earlier today.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Yeah, 1000hp isn't anything. My ranger is sitting at ~1500 near the end of Hard mode and still gets pinned down by those drone-and-spider "gently caress you" combos.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Izno posted:

I love playing EDF and I would like to play with goons but unfortunately it seems as though the goon group isn't in the TRENDING TOP 100 communities so it is actually impossible for me to join. Can I get an invite please? Also if anyone just wants to play EDF toss me a friend request

ID: IznoD

Sent you a friend request and will invite you to the group when I'm on next.

Mission 96 is such a goddamn wall.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Wouldn't the civilian death (and the fact you can "accidentally" blow them up...to safety) also count against it?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Yeah shoot me a friend request. I'm checking out the DLC later on to see if it will work with my overseas account so will probably spam some invites out.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Cowman posted:

alright I'm gonna pick up the mission pack today and I was wondering if any of the other paid DLC is worth picking up. Since I'm getting the mission pack I may as well pick up others if they're good.

anime tank is essential

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Copper Vein posted:

Ooooooooh... That makes sense.

I actually originally thought that the game came out on PS4 in 2013 when Giant Bomb did a quick look of it. They showed the 360 version but it was right when the new consoles came out and I was apparently high as a kite when I watched it.

So I thought 4.1 was brand new when it started being shown again recently.

Another question then: Does the Wing Diver have any homing weapons that are worth a poo poo?

I keep trying to bring mirages and geists into missions where the skies are full of dragons or drones, but my homing projectiles are either too slow to hit the enemies, or they achieve a harmless orbit around them as the enemies fly away.

It seems like I would have to bring a higher tier homing weapon into a lower difficulty mission for them to be effective.

4.1 is a PS4 remaster of EDF2025 (which to my understanding is a loose remake of Global Defense Force).

It's HD remakes, all the way down. If only the rest of them were as good as this one.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Hello I bought this game for the fifth? time I think this Steam sale, what are the essential PC tweaks and such?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
nice and also http://steamcommunity.com/id/d43m0n please add to save our mother earth from any alien attack

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
I'd forgotten how irritating the 2.0 Drones were in 4.1 - playing as a Ranger, the slowdown and inescapability of their laser beam is just unfair.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Scalding Coffee posted:

I am glad you only fight the super evasive variant drone in that one level with a handful of snipers. My Fencer was literally incapable of being able to hit them with any of his poo poo weapons. The grind is bad, but the RNG was particularly hard on them.

You definitely get them thrown in the mix with the outdoor insect queen missions, at least on hard.

My armour is sitting at 2400 or so but the final mission is really kicking me on hard. Time to go complete normal I guess.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Kanos posted:

Auuugh D3 Publisher announce if you're doing a PC port or not. All of my own EDF bros are sitting on their hands because they'd prefer a PC port and don't want to double dip and I don't want to buy it alone. :smith:

Extremely this

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Bloodplay it again posted:

If anyone wants to request EDF 5 for PC, I think this would be the place to do it. Hint hint

quote:

Hello, 
Thank you for contacting us.
This is D3PUBLISHER.

PC version of "Earth Defense Force 5" is undecided at this moment.

If the game will be released in the future, we would like to let you know through our official website.

Thank you for your understanding.
D3PUBLISHER INC.

they're tricky ones, d3

E: loving teach me to leave pages unrefreshed before replying

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Chronically late, I got EDF5 on PS4 after deciding not to hold out for the pc port, so watch it be announced next week. Until then, D43M0N_au_ on PSN.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Man this game is chunky, the viscera really adds to the impact (and further murders the frame rate, so I'm on board)

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Retro42 posted:

Pulled the trigger on half price EDF 5. Any recommended discord or groups to join?

I would also like to know this so I can finally use Discord in some capacity, otherwise post your PSN name and add me: D43M0N_au_

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Day one, if they remember to add Australian regional pricing. Is there a steam goon group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Postin' up a Discord for this: https://discord.gg/GtRBDGH