Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

goatse.cx posted:

What's so bad about insect Armageddon? It's 10 bucks on steam, kinda want to buy it

Let me put it this way- it had a coop survival mode. You couldn't use your campaign characters or weapons. You were stuck with the unleveled default class and a tiny selection of boring peashooters. Considering that the game had perfectly functional online coop for the campaign, I can't imagine why anyone would think that was a good idea. There was a lot of poo poo like that, where they just plain got the edf formula wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The worst part about dragons is in the previous mission radio chatter keeps referencing "lizards." I thought they said "wizards" and was really excited.

Fighting giant wizards does sound pretty great, actually.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so is the port being done in-house?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, i guess no one has any idea if the port will be decent or not then.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so is there still danger from save corruption if you play with randos going nuts with cheat engine?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fencer had too many dumb gimmick weapons and no reliable, easy to use long range option.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are times when you have to cover a lot of ground as ranger and that was always tedious as gently caress. so yeah, i'm glad to have the option whether or not it takes a weapon slot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i will never uninstall 4.1. it is tiny and excellent.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
running long distances as ranger is terrible and i fully endorse any improvements to that end

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sniper rifles are great for flyers because of how fast the bullets are

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
amusingly enough i think air raider has the second best sniping options after ranger.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wouldn't mind fencer being so clunky nearly as much if it actually did more damage. fencer weapons are so huge, unwieldy and dramatic that you'd expect them to do a shitload of damage but they really don't compared to ranger.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really only want three changes to air raider- faster equipment drops, better control for air strikes, and usable helicopters. the first two are already confirmed, so i've got high hopes for the last one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Marogareh posted:

Is it so hard to just hold the button and have infinite boost? Just give it a wing diver like meter if they want to balance it for whatever reason. My #1 wish for Fencers in 5 is that they do away with the laser targeting requirement for their immensely superior missile options. I'd kill to be able to use dual Haytals without being shackled to a laser sight/beacon gun.

there aren't many worthwhile lock-on weapons, period.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the ranger's greatest and possibly only weakness is maps with hills.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that would be why i don't like inferno. it is no fun to die if you mess up once.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, could you imagine edf with built-in cheats?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Hijf5W2JKMM01sRXcyNERGVkU/view?usp=sharing

unfortunately most of the ce options and trainers were broken with patches, so this is all i'm aware of.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm all for different takes on the timeless concept of killing giant insects with a variety of weapons, but i also remember insect armageddon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ia's air raider equivalent was hot garbage, there weren't enough enemies at a time, weapons were locked behind class level, with later levels requiring tons of grinding but with no short grinding maps available. then there was the ending. god, that loving ending.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh right, and i don't think ia had rapiers. i fuckin' love rapiers!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd be fine with just providing an option to automatically collect all the boxes at the end of a mission. if people want to do it the old, incredibly annoying way then let them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, they seem to be going for something different from mainline edf's "add more bugs until the framerate is single digits" philosophy. i like that the nest was a ruined building, though!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hopefully iron rain will be good, but who cares if it isn't? edf5 is also coming out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not a big fan of the vast majority of lockon weapons in 4.1. they were mostly some combination of too weak, too slow, short range and slow reload. they just weren't up to par, even in those nutso missions which threw ridiculous numbers of dragons at you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope the ranger's new bike isn't a ridiculous, completely unusable joke weapon like the bikes in 4.1.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they get tanks, too. i hope air raider gets some nutso vehicles now that the boring vanilla tanks are shared.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's magical

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't mind grinding so long as said grinding requires killing poo poo rather than collecting drops.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be nice if the dupes stopped dropping once you maxed them out, but that doesn't seem terribly likely. i mean, they made the drop pool even larger!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm definitely going to use cheat engine again if the alternative is still painstakingly picking up each weapon drop one by one while leaving an enemy alive.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really see what the problem is with bikes having fuel. it isn't like you are going to hang out on one all the time unless you get a high level super bike and go trash basic ants on easy which actually sounds kinda rad now that i think about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i never used turrets because they required standing around doing nothing with the empty box for like 2 minutes straight

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

HolyKrap posted:

You just gotta stick em on your helicopter and hope they don't aim straight down

that didn't work very well in 4.1

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Marogareh posted:

loving hate those Fencer nerfs. Hopefully the auxiliary stuff more than makes up for it.

providing more options isn't a nerf. i'd say it is actually a huge buff because now fencers can carry 2 weapon sets instead of absolutely requiring dash cancelling on any stage that requires traveling.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, his blast spear/cannon combo wasn't really compatible with constant boosting against small targets but there is a shitload of potential. can you imagine, those lovely dispersal mortars actually being useful?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mr Phillby posted:

Has anyone ever actually played versus mode?

Fuuck all this new info is making this game look exceptional. Holding out for the english release is going to be tough this time around!

versus mode is when you play with air strikes and wing divers in the same map

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wait, is friendly fire disabled for npcs?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, i was just hoping that you could actually keep your edf buddies around without them instantly dying when you try shooting at enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if still they die when you shoot them there aren't enough health packs in the world to keep them alive, especially now that fencer npcs are fast and aggressive.