Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Man, do Rangers get cooler guns?

I was playin' online hard mode going through the campaign up to mission 15 and the Wing Divers kept getting progressively crazier and crazier guns (some kinda giant death laser that shoots 8 shots at once and explodes everything, a lightning gun that travels the entire map??) while I kept getting stuff that was like "better assault rifle" or "hey it's your trusty pal the rocket launcher but now the rocket is blue'.

Also what the hell is up with the mechs being so slow. Also how do you fly helicopters. Just in general, "what is going on with air raiders?" because I kept taking the spare vehicles the one I was teamed up with would leave behind and just constantly be amazed at how slow and terrible they were.

Except the railgun tank. That thing was a lifesaver on mission 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

So, shotguns?

Shotguns.

Hell fuckin' yeah.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

So, yeah, the red flyers?

gently caress them. How in the hell do you kill 'em on difficulties above normal?

I ended up randomly teaming up with Gyoru and we just kept getting stomped even as a 4 man team on that map where there's like only 10 of them.

When it was only me and Gyoru left, we switched it to normal and somehow the only answer I had left to these fuckers was firing as many Air Tortoise missiles as I could at them while rolling for my life.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Stage 30.

Holy.

poo poo.

I'm pretty sure this is the greatest thing I have experienced in a game, period.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Man I tried to play Ranger tonight after Fencer and Wing and it just feels so limiting. It's too bad.

I get jealousy sometimes as a dude who only plays Ranger at the moment, but then I end up saving the team and killing everything as the most regular of dudes so I'm totally okay with this.

Their guns may not be crazy but boy howdy do they get the job done. I sometimes end up saving the day with a regular rear end grenade that just does insane damage over my teammates' death lasers and giant robots and whatnot and it is absolutely wonderful feeling wise.

The tone of the game is set pretty perfectly for rangers, considering how absolutely ridiculously against-the-odds every single mission is.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 27, 2014

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

for people using M+KB and are wondering how in the hell to control the menus ingame, especially in the online lobby:

it's wasd+space

it's based off the ingame controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the part in edf 4 where you basically hear almost all of your support crew die on the radio while the comme lady is having a breakdown because she's gonna die in dragonfire is pretty incredible

and then it turns out they're alright because whale really is the coolest

selling that you are possibly literally the last man standing rules rules rules