Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
As someone who beat edf6 as ranger and wing diver ask me anything. I'm about 40% total completion now.

PS5 version runs fine but it's not optimized well. If you see a lot of buildings or explosions etc happen you will get slowdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah it's more edf and the story goes more wild than ever. It's my favorite out of 4/5/6. Those are the ones I played. You absolutely need to play 5 though to get the most out of 6.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

tensai posted:

I'm playing 6 and do not understand a word of Japanese and even then I can tell that the story is going some crazy places. I *have* to be getting near the end of the game.

What mission number are you on.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Having played all of EDF6 in japanese, it's amazing. However there isn't even a DLC pack released yet, I dont think a western release will happen before that's done.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
World Brothers is irredeemable trash imo that tries to be EDF but neither hits the humor nor the gameplay or atmosphere of the mainline games. A poor fan game Imitation paired with racist stereotypes of people.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
It's baffling to me how badly D3 publisher is bungling the localization / handling the international fanbase. No word if / how / when EDF6 will be released in the west for almost an entire year after release. It's almost as bad as the Falcom situation really.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
There's a 20th anniversary event on the 26th so let's see how it goes.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Shine posted:

hhhhnnnfgffghhhhhhh i wanna shoot a bug so loving bad

This, even though I already shot them with the jp import version.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
EDF6 has some absolutely EVIL cave missions especially on inferno.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Drones work in caves so thats something at least.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
All I can say is that the cave missions in 6 are memorable but probably not for the right reasons. 90% of them have much much less forced walking segments with npcs though. The ones that do usually are short, I can only think of one that was painfully long.

Air raider no longer has turrets, those went to the ranger. I think the drones can make up for it in caves though. The crawler is still dumb though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I really hope we get a western release sometime this year. Having played it solo on ps5 I want to coop with people and see everyone's reactions to the story and new enemies.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
From what I can tell it's the same as 5 since it's a direct sequel. The melody is the same but the lyrics probably vary on the story progress.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 29, 2023

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
World brothers is just pure rear end and racist to boot. It fails at everything that is EDF for me. The humor is forced cringe, the battles lack any sense of scale because of the lack of friendly npcs. The leveling system sucks and there is no gear to unlock.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Wing diver and Fencer have a learning curve, but the fencer is hands down my favorite class. Strong as hell, more mobile than wing divers in most cases. You also have 4 weapons instead of 2.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Wing divers have a lot of lovely gimmick weapons so it's easy to get a bad impression of them.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQac6DjgI4

Monkeys paw curled. ED6 in english, but in 2024, with terrible VO and Playstation only.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
It's a split thing. You get very powerful new toys (drones) because you don't have access to most of your remote bombing/airstrike arsenal in a lot of missions.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yes, drones work in any environment, also some can 100% get you killed with friendly fire if fired from too close up.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sandepande posted:

They seem to have given the wing diver a pair of trousers.

Don't worry they will be gone again in certain missions, op.

This game has the most player outfits of any mainline game I think.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Spring 2024 is so close yet so far away. I've already completed the game on Inferno on the PS5 with the japanese release but I want to shoot aliens with people on PC, in coop and with english text!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
EDF! I seriously can't wait for 6s release on steam and I will take days off work for it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Armored bore

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Would have been too awesome for it to release on my birthday.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I managed to refund World Brothers in time, I honestly can't understand the people who like it because it embodies everything EDF is not. Over the top cringe humor, weird racist stereotypes, smaller scale battles without many friendly npcs around.

It's probably a completely different target group tbh.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Enjoy edf6. I'm not gonna buy it again rn since I already own the Japanese version.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
drat hearing that they have that EDF5 voice acting makes me want to pick up the asia copy... do I really want to triple dip on EDF6?

Edit: Whats the english localization for the *thing* showing up? in jp they go BAKANA x3 really loud every time it happens.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Paying2Lurk posted:

:sickos:

Hopefully they have the JP Hololive decoys in the US version as well.

Gonna be English ones instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Identical to 5.