Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope nobody minds me asking here: I'm playing EDF 2017 on the PS vita, and playing most levels on 'normal'. How do I get better weapons? what should I do? just play through the entire game on normal first, then entire game on hard... or what? should I play any particular levels on hard? Hard is about as high as I can manage at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I just got this and I love it. The first couple of missions are a bit boring but then it gets really fun and the dialog gets really stupid

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I thought that all of the previous EDF games (I only played 4.1 and the vita one) were sequels set in the same world, but in this one nobody has ever heard of aliens before, so it's a reset? Can someone explain this?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The first brick wall I hit was the red drone/saucer level, maybe 20-25 or so. I used an air raider, with shields, sniper, and ez turrets which I'm fairly sure did next to nothing. I also did it on easy :)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Zoig posted:

So someone mentioned a goon discord for edf, where can i find that? The op is very old now so its still talking about 2025, as you would expect.

https://discordapp.com/channels/597919023706931210/597919023706931214 but they're end-game so I'm not playing with them

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Just got to mission 41 and getting absolutely wrecked by green lasers. Any loadout recommendations? I'm playing ranger with an assault rifle and a sniper.

The final part of the mission where tons of enemies get dropped, wrecks me.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm doing some grinding on hard and I would love to use something that enables all pick ups but I don't trust trainers by randos. Or is the trainer maker well-known and trusted? Which is the best one? I saw two posted in this thread. All I want is 'pick up all' or something to help with pickups.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
What are good wing diver weapons? I use the spark vine thing, and any time it try something else I'm disappointed. Mission 30-40.

Gleipner is very fun but I'm not sure if it does much damage.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm playing normal on mission 65ish. I ground a bit on hard at level 39 or so and that got me some great weapons. Are there any missions around the mid 60's or late 50's that are good for grinding weapon drops on hard mode?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Scalding Coffee posted:

The mission with nothing but Cosmonauts and their sudden upgrades.

Oh, thanks. I just played that one. The one with the heavy armour and missile launcher cosmonauts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Playing edf5 online with friends. I've finished the entire game single player. How do I raise the weapon level limit? We're starting from the beginning, will it go up as we finish more missions? I'm only able to use the shittest tier of weapons.