Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Pros:
+ Even more weapons and enemies
+ Rangers can sprint with larger pickup radius
+ Air Raiders can place air strikes much more freely and accurately
+ Airstrike AOEs are more clearly marked for teammates
+ Vehicles have larger pickup radii
+ Vehicles get a dedicated equipment slot
+ Weapons and armor can now drop for classes you aren't using
+ Duplicate weapons are no longer useless
+ Tons of other improvements I didn't notice in the short time I got to play

Cons:
- Songs are way worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Gamerofthegame posted:

hey now some people just want to get right to maximum explosion mode

I can respect that

Do they effect the other players when you use them online? I don't care what anyone does in single player, but I know in 4 people using cheats would give max armor and weapon drops to other players in the multiplayer game, which really sucks if you want to actually play the game yourself.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Morter posted:

I don't fully think I understand.

1) What is the difference between Normal and Hard mode on SP?

2) Why is there always a decrease in enemy HP/damage going from (Multiplayer with 1 player) to (Multiplayer with 2 players)?

1) These are just the changes from adjusting the number of players, not any other changes between difficulties. Single player enemies have the base level of health regardless of whether you're playing in splitscreen

2) Playing online with 1 player gives you the same enemy scaling as with 4 players. Why? Uh, I don't know, extra challenge mode?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Don't cheat anything in unless you're just planning to screw around for a couple hours and then stop playing forever or something.

I think 4.1 had the better story, I remember the steady escalation of stakes and deterioration of earth's forces being sold pretty well as the campaign progressed. In 5 I felt like the middle 80% of missions could be more or less shuffled around randomly, at least in terms of narrative.

5 is definitely the better of the two in terms of gameplay though, and its story is still interesting in its own way.